Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

offseason

2K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  scabrider 
#1 ·
what do you do to keep busy cuz its either to snowy or to cold to ride? personally, i shred the mountain on a snowbike...if you havent ever ridden one i would totally suggest it. im a pretty legit snowboarder an ever since i got on one i havent snowboarded since.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
few pics from last year...picked up the blue k2 up last week from a dude on craigslist...they are super tough to find, so i was pretty stoked to get that one. threw my bmx shadow conspiracy handlebars on it as well. gunna paint the frame lime green at the end of the season and everything else white

Attachments

#10 ·
I want a snowbike so bad!

I was just up at Alpine Meadows here in California this weekend boarding.....long story short and an Ambulance ride later, I have a cracked spinal rib and a badly bruised tailbone.

I would much rather snowbike then board. Now im out for 3 weeks bike and board........=(

#11 ·
Calidownhiller said:
I want a snowbike so bad!

I was just up at Alpine Meadows here in California this weekend boarding.....long story short and an Ambulance ride later, I have a cracked spinal rib and a badly bruised tailbone.

I would much rather snowbike then board. Now im out for 3 weeks bike and board........=(
You needed an Ambulance?

Man up. I completely messed up my Elbow at the Sierra-At-Tahoe Park but I manned up and rode down holding it.

#16 ·
beer. work. more beer. more work.

no one around here allows snowbikes or id have built 1 long ago. ive got everything i need except a decent hill. i have a buddy in taho whos invited me out to give it a shot. hmmmm.... well, i do write the schedual afterall.

#18 ·
hucker1960 said:
i love where im at, the mtb population is low, but you can ride year round if you can brave the cold, and travel an hour or a bit more and get to some winter slopes
I love where I'm at too. The mtb population is high, and you can ride year round if you can handle the heat, and traval an hour to the winter slopes AND the summer beach!;)

#22 ·
Ok, I gotta ask since you ride snowbikes pretty often.
Where can I find those snowbikes with the dual rear skis? I've googled the crap out of them and can't seem to find them anywhere.
I've seen videos of riders jumping those off small snow kickers and doing tricks and what not.

#23 ·
Raptordude said:
You needed an Ambulance?

Man up. I completely messed up my Elbow at the Sierra-At-Tahoe Park but I manned up and rode down holding it.
Man up?! This dude cracked a spinal rib, said he couldn't move.

Yeah, I manned up when I broke my leg. I stood up so I could man up and ride away. Then the weight of my body forced the bone shards through my skin. Ok, no problem... I had one working leg so I manned up some more and hopped outta the woods. Kind of reminds me of vietnam when I manned up and crawled out of the jungle with my intestines in my mouth after having my head blown off. It was crazy, but I didn't worry.. I just manned up.

;)

#24 ·
bad andy said:
Man up?! This dude cracked a spinal rib, said he couldn't move.

Yeah, I manned up when I broke my leg. I stood up so I could man up and ride away. Then the weight of my body forced the bone shards through my skin. Ok, no problem... I had one working leg so I manned up some more and hopped outta the woods. Kind of reminds me of vietnam when I manned up and crawled out of the jungle with my intestines in my mouth after having my head blown off. It was crazy, but I didn't worry.. I just manned up.

;)
Good thing you remembered the old trick of keeping your intestines in your mouth after you blow up. If you just leave them hanging out in the air, there's no way they can stitch them back in ya afterwards - especially in the jungle, they just rot instantly. Good job, man...(pun intended).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.