Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Awesome Photo!! Had to Share!

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  idaho biker 90 
#1 ·
#15 ·
Riding in bad weather, deep mud, etc. is all added enjoyment and adds an extra dimension to your riding. I read recently (an substantiated quote) that "DH's and free-riders quit come bad weather"... Now, that's certainly not the case in the UK - surely you guys don't really quit or think the guy had big balls?

#18 ·
essenmeinstuff said:
We get lynched if we go on the trails around here when they are wet... :(
Blimey! I never expected to hear that... What a shame - I really enjoy riding in winter. You have to learn so many new skills just to keep the bike upright.

A few years back we had a terrible "foot and mouth" disease scare and it practically closed the countryside for us. So I headed off to Colorado and Utah for a holiday and to get some essential riding in.

How about some of you guys jumping on a plane and heading over to the UK in the winter. You'd luv it :) Check out either Scotland or Wales for some great riding.

#19 ·
markw1970 said:
Blimey! I never expected to hear that... What a shame - I really enjoy riding in winter. You have to learn so many new skills just to keep the bike upright.

A few years back we had a terrible "foot and mouth" disease scare and it practically closed the countryside for us. So I headed off to Colorado and Utah for a holiday and to get some essential riding in.

How about some of you guys jumping on a plane and heading over to the UK in the winter. You'd luv it :) Check out either Scotland or Wales for some great riding.
Never said anything about not riding in the winter mate ;)

Once the snow has been trampled and ice formed, put a few 3/8" sheet metal screws into an old set of tires and get out an enjoy the super highway the trails turn into :thumbsup:

However, when they are wet soil there is such a massive amount of erosion and damage from bikes that it makes trails last a season or two and then they are almost unridable due to all the roots/holes etc.

Naturally for down hill trails its not soooo much of an issue, but the erosion is still bad.

#22 ·
markw1970 said:

you must be having a laugh! I watch a lot of soccer, mostly english. The winters look f u c i n miserable! I live in Arizona so call me spoiled. It's sunny 300+ days a year. I think you need to come here!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.