Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lowest Stack DH Headset

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  flOw dOwn 
#1 ·
Im currently looking to get a low stack headset for DH use, my bike has a 6" headtube and i need something that is Low so i can run my 888.

Total Fork clamp area is 6.22"
Head Tube is 6"
Is there even a headset equal or less then 0.22"

Thanks
CS

#5 ·
I just picked up the Cane Creek Double XC and it seems like it should be pretty thin, don't have the specs on hand (at work) but for an 1.5" headtube i'd look into it. I needed a low stack headset for my fork that has a super short steerer tube and that seemed to be the lowest i could find.

*edit*

From cane creek's website:

Double Xc Flush Headset
Total stack height: 14.7 mm

But that is for the 1.5" headtube, reduced to 1.125"...

#6 ·
yomattyo said:
I just picked up the Cane Creek Double XC and it seems like it should be pretty thin, don't have the specs on hand (at work) but for an 1.5" headtube i'd look into it. I needed a low stack headset for my fork that has a super short steerer tube and that seemed to be the lowest i could find.

*edit*

From cane creek's website:

Double Xc Flush Headset
Total stack height: 14.7 mm

But that is for the 1.5" headtube, reduced to 1.125"...
I had a Double XC flush on my Bottlerocket and it was pretty much flat. 14.7mm? It really seemed like 5mm :eek:

Although I would get another Cane Creek instead, FSA also makes the Orbit Z 1.5 reducer that is really flat too. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Uncle Cliffy said:
I had a Double XC flush on my Bottlerocket and it was pretty much flat. 14.7mm? It really seemed like 5mm :eek:

Although I would get another Cane Creek instead, FSA also makes the Orbit Z 1.5 reducer that is really flat too. :thumbsup:
The Dbl XC Flush does look flat but remember you need to include the crown race and the top cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.