Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How stoked are you to get a new bike

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  cactuscorn 
#1 ·
Well after pondering the idea of getting a new bike after last season I have finally made my decision and I bought a Canfield Lucky. The thing about it is I can't stop thinking about this bike it's almost overwelming. Is this normal to be this hyped up over getting a new bike? Maybe it's the fact that I have to wait for this one? Maybe it's the realization that this bike is a complete bad@ss?

#6 ·
Totally surreal, with my 7point I bought recently it didn't really kick in until the 2nd ride that I actually have it. Especially because it's something that I had been building up to for what felt like ages. Sucks that I got it just as the new school term started and can only ride it in the weekends, if there's time ... :(.

#7 ·
I mean I have been through 3 bikes in the last 2 years and I am finally pulling out all the punches and buying exactly what I want. I am going from a noodle of a bike where I was limited by it, to some huge shoes to fill from the canfield bros. I am even obsessing over the parts I am throwing on it I ditched the truvativ and bought a whole new deity kit. All the parts will be here tuesday and I can't wait but I don't get the frame for another week. :eek:

#8 ·
I got my BR frame last May. I got goose bumps when the sales guy handed me the frame.
However, I couldn't afford to put the parts that I wanted on it until a couple of weeks ago. When it finally got assembled at the shop, I went to pick it up. And I felt about as giddy as a school girl when I went to pick it up and saw it.
However, if for some reason you get your complete bike (or even frame), and you either can't ride it, or can't assemble it and ride it immediately, you are going to be quite restless in the meantime.

#11 ·
I think/hope its normal, I put my deposit down on 5th December for my Devinci Wilson, it was absolute hell waiting for it, I kept looking at pic's of other peoples bikes thinking mine would be here soon, it finally arrived on Thursday!

I built it up, weighed it, stripped it down again and built it up with the parts off my old bike.

I went out on it for the first time today, it was well worth the wait!

#18 ·
yah, i think it's normal to get ridiculously overwhelmed with excitement for a new ride. I've got a stack of parts sitting in my garage waiting for a frame to arrive so i can build it up... and then i'm gonna have to wait a few weeks to even get out on it I'm sure... but yah, i can't stop thinkin' about it either:)

#19 ·
Im loosing sleep. My new frame and build kit should be here this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 09 Cove Shocker. And it is my first full on DH rig. I am kind of torn because I didnt sell my SX trail yet to help offset this enormus drop in my bank account. .........totaly worth it.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.