Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Massive dual crown on a hardtail

55K views 91 replies 54 participants last post by  frecuency 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a huge dual crown fork on a hardtail? Something like a Fox 40, or a Boxxer WC. Ofcourse this would be useless, but just interesting to see.
and do you have pics?

#4 ·
Yeah, I had a kona shred that I threw a dual crown on and it rode well. Still rough since it was a hard tail, but fun to ride. Sold it long time ago then it got stolen from the person I sold it to after he got jumped at a gas station.

Kinda funny in a sick way.

#17 ·
haha, I love these threads.

I was at the shop yesterday and some kid wheels in an orange Norco 125 with an old Boxxer on it. Everything on it was shitbeat, and he was using a good X9 RD as a chain tensioner on a 9sp cassette rigged for singlespeed. Says he just built it himself.

The first thing I said was "Man, that looks raked, I don't think that bike is rated for an 8" fork..."

he went on to tell me that his friend lowered the fork for him, so it's only a 6" now hard...", but the boxxer was still sitting at full 8" A2C height.

I told him that, and the wrench (who is kind of sick of the kid) agrees that it's still an 8" fork. No, No, NO the kid goes on, it's just a 6" fork now my friend made it so, I want a bike like this cause it's cool for urban stuff.:lol:

#21 ·
Those are rediculous! How much does a Supermonster T cost? I want to build a downhill rig, but even then...I dont think I will need anything more than an 8" (888...etc).

I ride a Norco Rampage anh a 55R (160mm) and it rides great! Its the perfect and largest travel setup on a hardtail anyone would need. The bike will take everything short of a drop big enough to break my legs. Anything bigger, warrants FS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.