Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New DH/FR Bike Cannondale, Scott, GT, or Ellsworth

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gemini2k05 
#1 ·
So it appears that I may be in the position to get a new DH/FR bike. My options are Cannondale, Scott, and Ellsworth (possibly a GT). I am still learning to ride DH/FR stuff. I've been to Whistler once on my 6" Enduro and had a blast. I plan to return there a few times this coming summer. I also hope to do some beginner DH races (Fluidride Cup) here in the NW, but I do not plan to be a full-on racer. I primarily enjoy flowy types of rides as opposed to lots of elevated skinny stuff, but I'm working on learning it all.

Here are the specific bikes I'm considering:

Scott: Gambler - DH or FR 10 or 20
Ellsworth: Rogue or Dare
Cannondale: Perp 1
GT: Fury

From what I've seen the Scott bikes are a bit pricey for the components it comes with. The Ellsworths seem cool, but I've heard some bad press about the company. I'm leaning more toward the Perp. I have a Cannondale road bike that I love, so I'm familiar with that company. The GT is kind of a long shot, but it may be a possibility.

Thanks in advance for the info and suggestions.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
I would say go with the PERP1 as I just got mine a few weeks ago and the geometry seems to be spot on for flowy trail riding and light DH use so far. One other thing where I live we only have a few mini DH runs with no shuttling and we have to ride or hike up the trails to session them and the PERP seems to work OK for climbing hills for this type of bike.

#7 ·
rebelssof@yahoo.com said:
Um don't you think that price is a little high as I just bought my 08 perp1 for 100 dollars more than that at a local LBS.
Well since it was never used aka "new" you paid more for yours of the same condition...He also told me this a couple months ago so im sure would go lower...was just throwing it out there.

#10 ·
Jettj45 said:
This limited warranty applies only to the original owner of a Cannondale bicycle and is not transferable to subsequent owners.

http://www.cannondale.com/policies/
Yes, thats exactly my point, the guy who bought the ACTUALLY new bike, gets a warranty, some sucker who buys this other guys bike which is (probably) used for 100 bucks below retail.....doesn't get a warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.