Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What makes this bike more DH worthy than this one?

700 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cyrix 
#1 ·
Ok so I have had this bike for a month: http://www.rscycle.com/2009-Iron-Horse-Warrior-4-0 and it has the bomber mz comp fork from marzochi and that is the only main difference. The bomber fork my bike came with is supposed to be better than the one in the picture. I just was searching today and found this bike for about the same price as my bike: http://www.rscycle.com/2009-Iron-Horse-Yakuza-Aniki Only that one says it is a DH/Freeride bike. Mine is a XC bike but I still jump it because I weigh only 90 lbs... Basically same components on the two. One has a bash Guard and wider tires andlarger disks but is that the only reason it is more DH worthy than my bike? I do sorta with I would have boughten that Dh bike I posted to. They look pretty much like the same bikes but a few different things. Can someone tell me what the main difference is in the two bikes that makes the DH bike more DH worthy? Is it the fork maybe? They look like same quality/same components on the two bikes.

Only helpful replies please

Thanks

#4 ·
biggest difference is travel. DH/Freeride bikes are usually 6" or more.
now separating Freeride from DH, that's when you start looking at geometry. DH bikes usually have lower BB height and slacker head angles.

oh and btw...asking for "only helpful replies" wont steer away the smart ass comments. ask stupid questions, and youll get stupid answers.

#6 ·
brillantesdv said:
biggest difference is travel. DH/Freeride bikes are usually 6" or more.
now separating Freeride from DH, that's when you start looking at geometry. DH bikes usually have lower BB height and slacker head angles.

oh and btw...asking for "only helpful replies" wont steer away the smart ass comments. ask stupid questions, and youll get stupid answers.
*insert smart ass comment*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.