Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I Need Help!!! Sanction 1.0 Wheelset

556 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Gemini2k05 
#1 ·
Any one out there doing some big stuff on a sanction 1.0? I am a 225 lb rider who likes to go big, only problem is the stock dt swiss rims do not like it, plus they are kinda narrow. Any sugestions??????

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
well, the Sanction isn't really a "go big" bike, so i wouldn't expect components to handle that much, especially for a big rider.

if you want a more rugged set of wheels, look at Azonic Outlaws or Transition Revolutions. or if you got a big budget, get a custom set with Mavic 729 rims.

#3 ·
While the Saction isn't a full blown freeride bike, light freeriding is totally do-able on such a bike. With the Lyric, the reliable DHX Air (4.0 I think), and Saint cranks can take a beating.

I'd go with 729's if you don't mind the weight. 721's if you do.

#4 ·
i've ridden some huck trails (10+ ft drops) and very rocky shuttle runs on mine. I picked up a set of ADD wheels on the cheap. They aren't the best hubs, but the rims are unbreakable. And I'm around #210. The components are fine for DH. I've got a sanction 2.0, which doesn't even have your saint cranks (but I've got a DH cockpit on there).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.