Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kenda Blue Groove

743 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  One_Speed 
#1 ·
Front tire?

Rear tire?

All-rounder?

Bigger/smaller than listed size? (found one 2.35)

Get it? Ignore it?

Go Maxxis:D ?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
It's generally been known as a very good all-around front tire for dry and hard pack conditions especially in the STICK-E compound. Volume is big and width is bigger than you'd expect with a 2.35 being almost as big as most 2.5s.

Like the others, I found that the sidewalls were somewhat thin/weak in the BG and the Nevagal leading to sidewall cuts/tears so not great as ghetto tubless. Also the excellent grip in flat, dry, bb's over hardpack corners seems to deteriorate pretty quickly as soon as the knobs lose their edge. Then it becomes just mediocre to average for the rest of the life of the tire.

+1 for the Ardents. I've been running the 2.6 Ardent 3C dual ply for 4 months and am super impressed with it's grip in loose rocks, off-camber chunder, and super chunk. It rolls pretty well on hard pack for a big heavy tire too (way heavier than a 2.35 Blue Groove though).

The 2.4 Maxxis ADvantage single-plys get great reviews though and would be directely comparable to the 2.35 BG.... but by most accounts, better.

#10 ·
like any tire, the blue groove has it's merits.

first, I only have experience with the 2.5" 2-ply stick-E tire.

next, it is a big tire. one of the biggest 2.5" tires I've come across.

finally, it's only really good in certain conditions. dry, mostly hardpack and it's a great tire. if it gets loose, sandy, or silty, look elsewhere (like maxxis). I also found it worked fairly well on stuff like slickrock

but still, anything loose, it doesn't like. anything wet, it's okay, but not great. roots? if theyre dry its fine.

otherwise, go by some minions and be happy

#12 ·
KRob said:
It's generally been known as a very good all-around front tire for dry and hard pack conditions especially in the STICK-E compound. Volume is big and width is bigger than you'd expect with a 2.35 being almost as big as most 2.5s.

Like the others, I found that the sidewalls were somewhat thin/weak in the BG and the Nevagal leading to sidewall cuts/tears so not great as ghetto tubless. Also the excellent grip in flat, dry, bb's over hardpack corners seems to deteriorate pretty quickly as soon as the knobs lose their edge. Then it becomes just mediocre to average for the rest of the life of the tire.

+1 for the Ardents. I've been running the 2.6 Ardent 3C dual ply for 4 months and am super impressed with it's grip in loose rocks, off-camber chunder, and super chunk. It rolls pretty well on hard pack for a big heavy tire too (way heavier than a 2.35 Blue Groove though).

The 2.4 Maxxis ADvantage single-plys get great reviews though and would be directely comparable to the 2.35 BG.... but by most accounts, better.
how about the dual-compound version
sir?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.