Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I'm assuming this is recent...2009?

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Jettj45 
#1 ·
#5 ·
dowst said:
1) Listening to music while riding road.
2) Not wearing a helmet.
3) Riding on the wrong side of the road.

She seems like a pretty cool chick, but I really don't feel all that bad for her.
I would tend to agree. Not sure what she was thinking with that combo, I'm surprised the officer doesn't want to charge her. She should at least pay for the damage to the truck, I know it sounds kind of mean but seems to me that she was completely responsible for the accident.

#9 ·
She's from across the pond dontcha know...
To her, she WAS on the correct side of the road.

Honestly, I have no idea on why she would be on that side...unless like I joked, she had a brain-fart and went for the "home side"

michael

#10 ·
In her interview she said she had put her head down for a second while hammering and didn't realize she had drifted into the other lane.

She also said she was never going to ride road again. I don't blame her, why fight with cars in the first place when you can just go for an XC ride?

#14 ·
mykel said:
She's from across the pond dontcha know...
To her, she WAS on the correct side of the road.
Having experienced the same (changing sides you drive on) when first change over its not the conscious decisions that are dangerous, but the sub conscious ones, ie the "instinct" reactions.

Her instinctual reaction was to go to her left in an emergency, fine for the UK/Aus/NZ etc, however bad bad bad for the US... naturally the driver also went to her left (his right), and boom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.