Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

advice for first jump contruct.

477 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ajw8899 
#1 ·
ok, i'm going to go build a jump in a couple hours here, i have this dirt park and i need a stunt. i have some cool trails to ride but they don't really have ladders and drops and trick stuff so much. so i'm going to get a shovel and build something. the dirt park goes downhill but it's not too steep. so what should i build exactly? should i just make like a little kicker in the middle of the path and l;and on the flat-kinda downhill, or am i really better off making a tranny and stuff. of is there some way to build drops? so i can learn to do bigger and bigger? i've got this land but i don't really know what to do.

and i don't really need any sarcasm or attitude here, if you think its a stupid question how about just not posting anything.

#2 ·
If you are learning the easiest jump to do is a table top. Build it with a nice arcing approach with a solid lip. A flat top and an arcing downslope off the backside. You could start jumping it and landing on the top, eventually adding speed until you can reliably land on the downslope. Then dig out the middle and you'll have a double gap jump.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.