Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: Univ. Of British Columbia

465 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Amazing Larry104 
#1 ·
Hey, Just wondering if anyone goes to the university of british columbia. i know bc is a big biking spot so i was wondering what you think about it

#5 ·
It's a great school. But yes, Vancouver is an expensive city. But if you're coming from the US you might score a little for the exchange rate.

'big biking spot'? Vancouver might be the very best places to ride a mountain bike in the entire world. Not only does it have Whistler up the road, but it's got enough amazing terrain for XC, DH and freeride guys alike. There is also a huge number of bowls, skate parks and dirt jumps across the city. Riding is a huge part of the city's culture.

If you like bikes and you can manage it cost-wise, you should definitely do it!

Does UBC have a program you're interested in?

There's also BCIT (British Columbia Institute of Technology) and SFU (Simon Fraser) in Vancouver, both highly regarded. And if you really want to get distracted by riding, there's also Quest University in Squamish, which has an amazing outdoor education program and has some of BC's best techy XC trails starting at the campus gates.

Post back and let us know what you decide!

#7 ·
asin said:
It's a great school. But yes, Vancouver is an expensive city. But if you're coming from the US you might score a little for the exchange rate.

'big biking spot'? Vancouver might be the very best places to ride a mountain bike in the entire world. Not only does it have Whistler up the road, but it's got enough amazing terrain for XC, DH and freeride guys alike. There is also a huge number of bowls, skate parks and dirt jumps across the city. Riding is a huge part of the city's culture.

If you like bikes and you can manage it cost-wise, you should definitely do it!

Does UBC have a program you're interested in?

There's also BCIT (British Columbia Institute of Technology) and SFU (Simon Fraser) in Vancouver, both highly regarded. And if you really want to get distracted by riding, there's also Quest University in Squamish, which has an amazing outdoor education program and has some of BC's best techy XC trails starting at the campus gates.

Post back and let us know what you decide!
im studying engineering at a school in texas right now and it sucks. im deffinately gonna transfer, i just have to decide where. i really want to go to UBC, it would be an awesome experience to get out of the states

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.