Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Transition Covert vs. Santa Cruz Nomad

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Jekyll_Jockey 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting one of these two bikes and was looking for some constructive feedback for either one or reasons why I should get one or the other.
Or if there is a completely different bike that is in the same class.
Appreciate it.

#4 ·
ilikemybike011 said:
The Nomad is a bigger bike than the Covert. It has an inch more travel and slacker geometry.

What kind of riding do you mainly do?
Well I mostly do trail stuff and a little racing when i can but I want a bike i can take DH but won't slow me down when I riding all day trail rides.

#11 ·
i've never really look at those bikes as really the same...nomad has 20mm more travel and is more on the heavier AM/light FR. Covert is more of just an AM bike. i wouldn't really jump with one. and...they're in way different price brackets. kind of the same, but you're looking at 2 different types of bikes

#13 ·
nmpearson said:
i've never really look at those bikes as really the same...nomad has 20mm more travel and is more on the heavier AM/light FR. Covert is more of just an AM bike. i wouldn't really jump with one. and...they're in way different price brackets. kind of the same, but you're looking at 2 different types of bikes
True statement. However I did look at both bikes when looking for a new trail bike. I ended up with the Nomad. Totaly love it it feels so good on the DH and it pedals as well to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.