Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SHE'S A STRANGE BIRD - Xprezo

7K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  norbar 
#1 ·
Hadn't heard of this brand before today, was reading about them in the "press and news" section of MTBR. So I went to their web-site to check them out. I kinda like the simple, and clean lines.

I did a search and didn't see anything posted on these before, so i hope I'm not re-posting.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/xprezo-impact-design-novatec-racing-team/

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
ruralrider528 said:
looks like a lovechild of a karpiel and a balfa bb7. Interesting bike tho, is it steel?
Not sure, I don't see it on the website either. This is about all I found.

Two years of development have lead to this : an extraordinary race beast which shamelessly betrays a long and exhaustive experience in research, conception, fabrication and real world experience.

This mono-pivot design is optimized to ensure full efficiency of the suspension throughout its entire 216mm of travel. The 4.3kg FURAX frame inherits legendary ADN from its predecessors and meets up with our highest standards in terms of light weight, flawless efficiency and reliability. The FURAX is diabolically efficient and stable thanks to a low center of gravity and open head angle. The short swingarm takes advantage of a 12 x 150mm standard rear axle.

Pursuance, or reincarnation, of a legendary tradition!

Home Page: http://www.xprezo.ca/en/xprezo_products.html

#7 ·
That mainframe is most likely aluminum, the rear is steel. Steel can be done in smaller tubing and be just as stiff as aluminum... plus the rear der. hanger is less likely to crack and break off like aluminum... it can be bent back into place. Hence the beauty and superiority of a steel rear end. The smaller tubing also allows for greater tire clearance.

#8 ·
rep_1969 said:
Not sure, I don't see it on the website either. This is about all I found.

Two years of development have lead to this : an extraordinary race beast which shamelessly betrays a long and exhaustive experience in research, conception, fabrication and real world experience.

This mono-pivot design is optimized to ensure full efficiency of the suspension throughout its entire 216mm of travel. The 4.3kg FURAX frame inherits legendary ADN from its predecessors and meets up with our highest standards in terms of light weight, flawless efficiency and reliability. The FURAX is diabolically efficient and stable thanks to a low center of gravity and open head angle. The short swingarm takes advantage of a 12 x 150mm standard rear axle.

Pursuance, or reincarnation, of a legendary tradition!

Home Page: http://www.xprezo.ca/en/xprezo_products.html
wow....fancy word for single pivot

#20 ·
tacubaya said:
3300 cad for that frame? yea rightttttttt
Keep in mind that's only about $2600 US for a completely hand made, small batch, boutique frame from Canada. Pretty good deal honestly. Ya'll need to learn your conversion rates a bit better.

They're smaller than Foes and cheaper. last time I checked a DHS Mono was somewhere in the ballpark of $3,000 US, and yes folks its s single pivot too. I highly doubt that one is better than the other in any regard.

Mikey, this is cheaper than the Evil Revolt that you commented on for price ($3,100 US), which I believe is also a (fancy and linkage driven yes) single pivot... and the Xprezzo has been around for a few years while the Evil just has the reputation of DW making it apparently great.

#23 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
Ian... conversion-rates, conshmersion-rates...

ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US!

P.S. I love you, your Dudeness on high.

Just a few more weeks and I'll be locked and loaded for Pacifica. :D
Locked and loaded huh? Sounds more like hot and bothered. If you need help slapping that bad boy together when you get it, give me a call. Thus far in the month of January I have built well over 200 bikes and solved quite a few problems along the way. My magic fingers are working in overdrive... But I might give your bike the Hanta Virus (I'm sick again, yaaaa for another round of antibiotics)

#24 ·
his dudeness said:
Keep in mind that's only about $2600 US for a completely hand made, small batch, boutique frame from Canada. Pretty good deal honestly. Ya'll need to learn your conversion rates a bit better.

They're smaller than Foes and cheaper. last time I checked a DHS Mono was somewhere in the ballpark of $3,000 US, and yes folks its s single pivot too. I highly doubt that one is better than the other in any regard.

Mikey, this is cheaper than the Evil Revolt that you commented on for price ($3,100 US), which I believe is also a (fancy and linkage driven yes) single pivot... and the Xprezzo has been around for a few years while the Evil just has the reputation of DW making it apparently great.
If I wanted boutique and performance I would have called Turner Bikes.... I PERSONALLY think that the Xprezzo frame is not worth 2600 bucks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.