Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

prototype giant downhill bike

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  huntandride 
#1 ·
sneaker shot. not much but a start i guess.

See less See more
#9 ·
The real question is when is the Reign X getting the new design treatment, it's the one in need of it. I could care less about a Glory redesign, the current ones are a tad bit heavy but fine.

On another note I hope that mechanic slides the fork stanchions down a bit in their crowns there, That looks to be below the minimum setting IMO.

#14 ·
FloridaFish said:
wha happen to Maestro??

edit: just took a look, it's DW except for the forward attachment of the lower swingarm at the base of the shock. that and the silly thru-the-downtube shock mounting.
Just because the linkages look the same doesn't mean it's a DW link you dorks! So says Dave Weagle himself. It's still Maestro.

I used to think they were the same too until he set me straight on it.

#23 ·
no...he's right , you are a dork!!!!;)

FloridaFish said:
yeah, see the question marks, I was aksing questions..............and I'm not a dork, I'm a nerd.

dork
Trust me when I say that it is not DW, its not flexy AT all, no its not marketing hype to bring inline the rest of the bikes to dress them up with the same suspension tech with a bit of refinement (the marketing comes later - and WHAT COMPANY does NOT do marketing hey...? idiots) and like clutchman, I too am waiting for the GRX when it comes. But to leak a fact, its already designed and done and it looks sooooooo sweet.

#26 ·
Ah, thats its...you found me out...:yawn: :winker: rolf.

V.P. said:
take it easy sim2u, you sound like a total fanboy.
Yes I have to agree with you Mutt that current Glory's are tanks - what dedicated Fr/Dh bike is not in some way ((and it was designed as a bomb proof tank)); but they are weapons in the rights hands though. The current designs are perhaps still going to be tanks albiet, although not in the literal and comparative sense and drasticly on a diet without any strength compromises with a sleuth of new tidbits as well as whole new feel that would make even the noobiest of noobs want to chuck themselves down a perfectly good mountain at post warp speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.