Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Azonic Outlaw 10mm QR help!

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cmc4130 
#1 ·
I want to purchase a pair of Azonic Outlaws. My bike is 135mm rear hub w/ 10mmQR axle. The Outlaws come w/ 12mmQR. I see they sell the 10mm conversion "maxle" but it is a bolt on axle. Reading other posts I see people running a 10mm QR on the Outlaws but I do not know how to do it. Do I need to purchase something else??!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

#5 ·
The come with 20mm thru-axle front, 12mm thru-axle rear AND a QR conversion for both ends. If you want a bolt-on rear axle, you can get a 12mm to 10mm step-down axle. Bolt-on front is not available but I'm trying to think of a way to make a conversion for that 'cause I've got a set I want to run bolt-on at both ends.

#6 ·
The rear wheel is already set up for standard 135mm rear end Quick Release out of the box..

step one : pull wheel out of box.
step two : remove wheel from plastic bag.
step three : locate turquoise colored 'box o' parts'
step four : take rear skewer out of 'box o parts', and insert into rear wheel.
step five - nine : instal tire, rotor, cassette and....
step ten : RIDE!

no conversion kit needed. :)

#7 ·
If the set you have came with a standard quick release and 12mm for the rear hub, then you need to get the 10mm reducer sleeve to run your 10mm QR axle. It is the same as the standard QR reducer but with a 10mm opening, you just unbolt the hub, remove the freewheel, pull the standard QR reducer sleeve out, put the 10mm reducer sleeve in, clean and lube the pawls, replace the cassette, bolt hub together, and put your QR axle in.

The kit you are talking about might come with that reducer. If not check out an Azonic or Transition dealer, they both buy the same hubs from the same manufacturer. Transition Revolutions come with the rear 10mm QR setup.

#8 ·
chooofoojoo said:
The rear wheel is already set up for standard 135mm rear end Quick Release out of the box..

step one : pull wheel out of box.
step two : remove wheel from plastic bag.
step three : locate turquoise colored 'box o' parts'
step four : take rear skewer out of 'box o parts', and insert into rear wheel.
step five - nine : instal tire, rotor, cassette and....
step ten : RIDE!

no conversion kit needed. :)
Actually they ship with the conversion bolted on the wheel.

#10 ·

This dropout is apparently not compatible with a solid axle--it fits in the lower part, but not at the entrance of the dropout.

I could only get the wheel bolted in the dropouts by removing the drive side dropout, putting the wheel in place, then reattaching the dropout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.