Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

winter winter winter winter F-ck

2K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  CdaleProph6 
#1 ·
so.....its -12 out with windchill and there is a foot of snow on the ground and the sun is out...every time i look out the window i keep wishing it was 75 with a bit of a breeze....i guess some riding can be done...but still shooting in -12 windchill and not being able to ride a ton fing blows(photogbyme)...any ideas to kill this anger i have for winter?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice pics! The wall ride on the frozen planks looks slippery. I am sitting here in CA bay area and it's like 70 degrees right now, so I feel your pain. Take a trip to the Bay area, there's lots of riding out here. It's kinda ironic cause I want to go to the snow!

#7 ·
I XC ski, not nearly as exciting as dh or freeriding on a bike but it passes the time. And not to mention the skiing can be done without a single penny dropped except equipment or gas. MUCH cheaper to do than dh skiing because you dont need any tickets. Nothing beats the fresh shimmering powder under the moonlight at night in the wintertime.

That is what I do but there is plenty of cool stuff to do inside/out putting new parts on the bike, woodworking, remodeling, get a magazine subscription to a bike mag, videogaming, shovel your entire backyard, jump off your roof into a snowbank, hibernate, work out, tinker with stuff. Just find some random thing to do or take up for the next 2 months or so. BTW it was -15F here last night without windchill, I love it when people are complaining about it being cold (40F) :D of course Upstate NY has nothing on Canada or Siberia in terms of coldness o_O

#10 ·
oh yeah, i snowboard too. do a lot of back country hiking. it is a good time, love it, but nothing like a sled on that epic day. don't do much of any resort boarding. we only have one, too many people, don't like standing in line, so on and so forth. plus i'd rather save the money for gas in the sled.

pv

#12 ·
ruralrider528 said:
I love it when people are complaining about it being cold (40F) :D of course Upstate NY has nothing on Canada or Siberia in terms of coldness o_O
yea my brother goes to school in VA beach area....and when it hits 30 there(barely does) he calls and complains that its cold meanwhile in the batcave here in suckchester its 2* not to mention the windchill....luckily i have a place to build new stunts/photograph through the winter so even though it sucks its not that bad...:madman:

#13 ·
cdburch said:
where in rochester did you find that sweet freeride spot? i have family back there and visit every few months and have only ridden dryer rd park out in victor... its not tryon is it?
im the photog for www.freeridepark.com (please dont hate me) im working my way up the ladder in the professional world and the owner has given me the oppourtunity of a place to start.

#20 ·
CdaleProph6 said:
so.....its -12 out with windchill and there is a foot of snow on the ground and the sun is out...every time i look out the window i keep wishing it was 75 with a bit of a breeze....i guess some riding can be done...but still shooting in -12 windchill and not being able to ride a ton fing blows(photogbyme)...any ideas to kill this anger i have for winter?
Move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.