Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hone vs. Vendetta weights

653 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  rollertoaster 
#1 ·
I have searched and came up with no definitive answers as to the actual weights of Hone cranks and new Vendetta cranks. My scenario is I am currently running Hone cranks/BB with a 34t ring. The Hones are the FR version with the thread inserts and better spindle in a 73mm set-up.

I am thinking of going to new Vendetta cranks with the Ti spindle in 73mm, with a new Alibi LT chainring. I am really trying to determine what the actual weight of the 2 cranks set-ups are. I have searched everywhere and only found that the entire Vendetta set-up with CrMo spindle is a little over 2lbs (~950g) and that the Hones weighed less than ~900g. So I am figuring that the Ti spindle would bring the new cranks to the same weight vicinity.

Does anyone have the actual weights of both items handy? I am too lazy to completely dissassemble my bike just to weight the cranks. Plus that is only 1 piece of info.

Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
all the weights are on the deity site. just have to do a little bit of math to come up with the final number. the ti spindle will drop about 100g. You should come in around 1060g with sprocket depending on which sprocket you pick. I have one on the way with a ti spindle, I can't wait!

#4 ·
Demo-9 said:
the entire Vendetta set-up with CrMo spindle is a little over 2lbs (~950g)
That sounds about right... I actually did weigh my Vendettas but can't find where I wrote it down... crap.

I have a ti profile 6" spindle in front of me right now, and it weighs 170g. That will save 100g over the steel version. Safe to assume the Vendetta spindle weight difference is similar. Also fyi, the Vendettas use a 36 point spline, and Profiles are 48 point.

Also just in case... if anyone has a longer 6 7/8" profile spindle (for 83mm bb) they aren't using and want to trade it for my 6" ti spindle... PM me please.

#6 ·
Not that hard to find...

Do a search for the Deitys here. Two people posted weights of cranks they had in hand(one pic on scale) of crank arms, bb, and bolts...no ring, no spider....they are 1100g. One of the posters also mentioned that Eric from Deity recomended against the ti spindle for hard/heavy riders. That would be in agreement with every single ti bb spindle/bb ever produced.

Hones via Sicklines (pic on scale) are 646g for arms and spindle. BB is about 90g depending if you run the plastic seal, and whether it is 73 or 83mm. Total of about 735g.

When you weigh equal parts (except for the inclusion of the spide ron the hones), the Deitys are about 370g heavier or .81 pounds....

newest version of the Deitys have a sprocket boss on the left arm as well as right, so they will be a touch heavier. A ring for the Deitys will be heavier than a ring for the Hones.

#8 ·
I remembered one post wiht pics of the weights. I could not find it from a search. But I got the info I needed. Saounds like I am keeping the Hones. They work fine, they are lighter and no need so spend money to add weight. Thanks for the info..

#11 ·
rollertoaster said:
I weighed the ti spindle and it is 120g lighter than cro-mo at 152g. the deity setup with ti spindle and crankarms comes in at 961g(with all the hardware, you won't use all of it). add a sprocket and you are still under 1100g total weight
Awesome thanks for the updated weights. When you say all of the hardware do you mean all of the BB parts, spacers and etc for 961g? Still a good amount heavier than Hones at ~650g. That's 2/3 lb difference. I figure the chaninring would be a wash either way so just comparing the cranks/bb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.