Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dry cool winter in Iran.

2K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Saber-Iran 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I was gaining my passion back for posting over here . That winter broke out and my chain stay broke too.!!

A month ago trails went under snow . So I wasn’t jealous on other gravity riders as they couldn’t ride either . I kept heat up with my XTC .

But some weeks after every thing melted down .And now it seems like spring just the air is a little cold.

My chainstay hasn’t returned from warranty in Singapore . So I borrowed a bike from a Friend LBS . Or ill better say borrowed a frame as its components were use less . I screwed my own parts on it and am having super fun with it.

It’s a Demo 9 Pro . Way too different with my Stinky .Super steady on high speed steeps blazing like a Cadillac on a high way . But in tight turns I have to beg it : please turn man!!

I should use the time before real winter comes out . and keep on my feet No my pedals !! till spring and I think my own chainstay would be here in two weeks.

What a Stinky would it be by then .Front Triangle + seat stays =2006 // Rocker arms = 2007 // Chainstay =2008 . It’s a collection aint it?

Pix :
1 : Winter freez riding . Soft snow gives extra suspension feel but never know what the *** is under it !

2 : Miss my Kona a lot . poor XTC has to bear a freeriders style

3 : The jump needs a landing for a smoother ride

4 : My Cadillac .And its Tehran on the back ground . only a wing of this **** 10 Million mega city we live in.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The thing I think about Gaza is : None of my business .Two **** governments are fighting a war . And on every war therese money on both sides.

So doesn’t matter to me politicians are killing their people for money .The same thing has happened in all history and will happen in the future !!

The thing that matters to me is I have bikes I have trails I can ride so I do!!

Ride on man politics are **** .

For more pix see my gallery

#11 ·
SABER_MTB said:
The thing I think about Gaza is : None of my business .Two **** governments are fighting a war . And on every war therese money on both sides.

So doesn't matter to me politicians are killing their people for money .The same thing has happened in all history and will happen in the future !!

AMEN brother!

#12 ·
Man i wish i hadnt had put this name on the thread .

This morning i woke up and !!! White things are comming down from the sky again.

Not Sk resorts as we aint got trails on them but recreational tele cabins lift us for some extra Bucks.

And about politicts and religeon : I Hate both in all history religeon was a tool for politicants to hide their devilish manners behind it .

#13 · (Edited)
SABER_MTB said:
And about politicts and religeon : I Hate both in all history religeon was a tool for politicants to hide their devilish manners behind it .
+1 brother:thumbsup:

sorry to quote this , but lately i dont hear much open mind statment like yours . way to go!!!

safe riding on snow .btw , what temp. do you have in iran now, here in slovenia,eu ,two day ago we broke record low -49°c:eek:

#16 ·
SABER_MTB said:

So doesn't matter to me politicians are killing their people for money .The same thing has happened in all history and will happen in the future !!

Saber, you have a beautiful country with beautiful people that is otherwise screwed up by the government. I'd love to visit Iran one day. You all have some pristine riding terrain.
My former landlord is Iranian (he won't call himself Iranian though, he insists it's Persian). Very, very classy guy. He hates the gubmint over there.
Nice to see some riding pictures from a country like that. Keep up the good work!

#17 ·
rmb_mike - i think its inappropriate to label ppl's country 'screwed'... i'm sure a lot ppl would label USA 'BUSHED' bcoz of the current admin and i would be pretty interested to hear if ppl would say my country is SCREWED because of the current cabinet but the point is your statement is 'politically incorrect'
Lets keep on riding and leave the politics to the morons.
No hard feelings.

#20 ·
AznRider said:
rmb_mike - i think its inappropriate to label ppl's country 'screwed'...
I don't give a rat's ass because:
1. Their country isn't screwed. Their government is.
2. Even my former landlord, WHO IS IRANIAN HIMSELF, said that the government is screwed; and that's the reason he defected back in '79. If you have a problem with someone making inappropriate comments about Iran, I'll be happy to give you Parviz's (my former landlord) number and you can ***** at him for bashing the government of the country he came from.
And in case you didn't read all of my post, I said Iran was a beautiful country that I would like to visit one day...sans their current regime.

i'm sure a lot ppl would label USA 'BUSHED' bcoz of the current admin and i would be pretty interested to hear if ppl would say my country is SCREWED because of the current cabinet but the point is your statement is 'politically incorrect'
Lets keep on riding and leave the politics to the morons.
No hard feelings.
Bush did screw up the USA. That doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, but I'm not trying to start a political debate. I'm was merely trying to tell Saber that he has a beautiful country.

#21 ·

i hate that the manitou stanchions turn purple. the travis particularly would be a pretty rad fork, but the stanchions would bug me. i don't think marzocchi's black stanchions do that.

#22 ·
I think it was Transworld Snowboarding that sent a group of riders to Iran, they had a pretty cool trip. My wife's friend from school here in Denver is from Iran, he was showing us the mountains around Tehran I believe. Kinda OT, but how long is the snowboard season over there and how much snow do they get annually?

And do the resorts run lifts in the summer for bikes? In CO the lifts are open for snowboards 7-8 months, but only 4 for bikes. But in Denver its nearly year round riding on some trails since the snow usually melts in a few days.

#25 ·
Well . All of this is because I post less these time s over here . And new members might not know me but Im posting this type of threads im MTBR for 6 years Shiver me timbers might have followed my progress .Right man ?

__ It doesn’t matter to me if some one calls IRAN Screwed coz I think so too. I don’t feel any national ties with my nation .

You know I have a description of one nation that think its nice (( a nation is a bunch of people who feel the same pain )) and in that case we (riders ) are a nation even if we are scattered round the globe.

My nation my religion my love my life is MTB Ride on man !!

About our climate here in Tehran we usually have two months of snow with average Temp. on -10 . But we have cold regions too like ARAK .the city my university is in the average is -20 for 3 months with whole winter snow . Last year we recorded -39 there.

By the way I love all of you too . and appreciate your kindness. Like to come to US for riding some day.

#26 ·
SABER_MTB said:
Well . All of this is because I post less these time s over here . And new members might not know me but Im posting this type of threads im MTBR for 6 years Shiver me timbers might have followed my progress .Right man ?

By the way I love all of you too . and appreciate your kindness. Like to come to US for riding some day.
I love watchingyour improvement..I love watching many peoples improvement on this site. I like watching them be sketchy on 1 foot drops and the next thing they are doing 5 footers. ..this is what fuels my passion on the days I get a little burned out....I love seeing your post. I use to date persian girl. Her dad still lives in Tehran. I here many stories like if you work for the government (like a teacher or anything) you are forced to demonstrations in the streets or lose job. Is this true?? I heard the driving is insane and it helps to have a bigger car to scare people into giving you more right away. I have also seen some beautiful pics of the country. It is a shame that countries can't get along better

Anyway, get your ticket to Los Angeles and I will put you up. Plus you will have many many trails to ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.