Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

UCI Downhill/4X Fort William.....

601 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  G4VNJ 
#1 ·
Just to confirm this is taking place on the 6th/7th June ths year yeah?

....and also, anyone been before, this is my 1st time and i would like to know a few things?

1. Best place to get tickets?
2. Best place to stay? going up on the saturday cos its a 7-8hr drive i think....
3. and the most important, im Welsh so.....are there pubs close by? and which ones are the best?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I went last year and to the worlds in 06.
camp in fort bill saturday and get a bus up the hill or park at the auction rooms half way up the hill.
tickets are sold on site from about 10 o'clock.
you're about right with the drive time from north wales unfortunately! it's worth it though.

#3 ·
Im in south wales, cardiff...

can you get tickets before hand then? or how much are they on the day? thanks

i was thinkin about flyin, but its a bit of hassle with gettin there then isnt it.....it gotta be a 4 hr drive even from glasgow or edinburgh.......

#4 ·
Fort William is in the ******* of nowhere. Once you hit Scotland its still a number of hours away. Although the drive through all the loch's is stunning as dawn breaks.

I'd take a big tent & stay in the Glen Nevis campsite. The facilities are great, it's out of the town centre, but there is a big supermarket just down the road & its 10 minutes to the race site.

The pubs, well FW is a bit of a sh*thole, so be carefull!

I'd drive, take the bikes, watch all the racing & then ride the track on the Monday. Sod going all that way & not riding :)

#5 ·
Thanks for this info, the trip is piecing together slowly in my head now :)

I was thinkin about possibly goin up before and having a go of the track, like the wednesday or thurs or will it be closed up until the race do you reckon? Or another track that will be open close by?

I will be back in work on the monday...so will be out of time...:)

#6 ·
You might struggle, generally the track is closed for a week prior for maintenance & prep.

There are some tracks in the area. Could take the trail bikes & get out to Laggan Wolftrax. Short circuit but its so tech & rocky it makes all the Welsh trail centres look like fireroads. Great fun.

#8 ·
-C- said:
You might struggle, generally the track is closed for a week prior for maintenance & prep.

There are some tracks in the area. Could take the trail bikes & get out to Laggan Wolftrax. Short circuit but its so tech & rocky it makes all the Welsh trail centres look like fireroads. Great fun.
We are on an all mountain bikes too so will it be too rough, too big drops 4 our bikes?.....must be something in the area to suit everyone.....?

once again thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.