Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Iron Horse 7pt good first fr/dh bike?

898 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Djponee 
#1 ·
I have been looking to get a first FR/DH specific bike and was seriously looking at the 2008 Iron Horse 7 point found here. I have been looking at both new and used bikes lately, but since RSCycles has been offering an additional 25% off their bikes lately I could buy this bike brand new for $1300. Seems like a pretty unbeatable deal, but I thought I'd ask opinions. I read the issues with Iron Horse as of late and am OK with that as long as the bike is still a good contender and value. So what do you think? Would this be a good bike to both learn on and beat into the ground replacing some of the weaker parts as they break, or should I look elsewhere?

Also fwiw, it would be intended for everything from shuttle runs and NorthStar days to aggressive trail riding with light climbing.

Thanks

#2 ·
It was a dang good start for me. I loved that bike... but had to move on. It was a little too much travel for most of the local trails. But when I took it to Whistler and other lift accessed places it was right at home. I don't think that I ever regretted owning one. I did regret selling mine.

#9 ·
Thanks for the responses. It seems like a good deal and I like the fact that it is more pedal friendly than a pure downhill bike, while still being far more capable than my regular XC/AM bike for shuttle runs and park days. For the price I think I'm going to give one a shot. Thanks again :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.