Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Keep it or replace it?

562 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  suicidebomber 
#1 ·
I run BMX cranks on my bike, and I like them very much. But one time, one of the bolts ( in the left crank) holding the damn thing fell off, after I tightened it.

No big deal, I said. I went to my LBS.

And they don't have what I'm looking for. There were SEVEN shops I asked, and I got zero, nada, zip.

If I can't get spares for it, what chance do I get if something goes wrong?

I looked around for MTB cranks and probably I've found my savior: Saints. ('07-08 model) Hussefelts (on Howitzer interfaces) were also available and cheaper, but it doesn't come with a BB.

The Saints cost around $120 complete with BB. Second hand cranks are OUT of the question.

Should I keep me BMX cranks, or go for the Saints?

#5 ·
I just kept looking around and found them lying around in a shop, Everybody loves Truvativ here, Holz OCTs/Hussefelts kept flying off the shelves, and Saints are in limited supply.

One caveat though, the Saints I found were triple chainring...

Come to think of it, I saw a single (38t) a year ago, and that was worth $120...

I'll keep the BMX cranks for now though, A friend and me just adjusted the spindle and I was able to get another fixing bolt for it.

Just wait until I get me scholarship...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.