Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Some AZ action pics and vid from this last week

758 views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  clockwork 
#1 · (Edited)
Just some pics and a video from today. Hung out mainly on the upper dh runs and made a video of the top half of the newest creation.

Downhill @ NRA from clkwrk on Vimeo.

See less See more
1 7
#5 ·
Cool. Nice to see some DH/FR stuff around there. I am from Tucson but now live in Switzerland. When I lived there there wasn't anyone riding down (that I knew of). Keep up the good work and if you ever come on a ride trip to the alps then let me know and I can show you some of the trails I built.

Ben

#6 ·
Sweet thx! If I ever get a chance to get to that side of the world I will take you up on that. My vimeo account has more vids from the pit also . We have tons of other lines and jumps everywhere.

#7 · (Edited)
#11 ·
No, it is buckets for harvesting the good dirt to put finishing touches on lips, berms and landings. Yeah, the machines are great. Sometimes I can build a whole trail with 1500 vertical feet in a week. Then we fine tune by hand for another ten days and then the shredding starts. I build trails for a living in the summer and built Porter's trail in Kranked 6 and Kranked 7 as well as designed Hopkins and Doerfling's AK trail in Kranked 7. I found myself a nice little spot over here.

It is funny, I grew up riding the loose AZ dirt and sand and then came over here and spent a lot of time eating it on wet steep roots. I had to start saying to myself "I love the wet roots" to finally learn to ride them. Now it works but it was definitely not easy. When my friends and I go down to Italy to ride and it is dry like AZ I can rip it and my friends are all lost. They love the wet steep roots and can't stand the loose dry stuff.

Root shredding pic

#12 ·
I would like to come to both of your lands and ride your trails. I will be waiting impatiently for the invite.

Rad pics, clockwork that trail looks rad, I remember when you initially started showing pics on here and I thought "looks like some beginners getting into it, thats pretty sweet" - you've definitely come a ways it looks like! Hand me a shovel and I'll throw some dirt if you'll let me ride there some day!

#13 ·
Those are all sick trails. I've been reading about your work in Switzerland for a number of years Bucko W. and is on my wish list to do and ride before I die, including the Portes Du Soleil. Until that day comes, awesome to see the local scenes getting built up and more resorts in America starting to step it up.

#15 ·
Is most of that stuff on South Mountain or close to it? Have you guys ever thought of shuttling Mt. Lemmon outside of Tucson? Right before I left that is where I was trying to find a line down. It could be a very long run.

William 42 and Desert Pig,

You guys are both welcome to come over here and shred with us. You owe it to yourselves. Another guy from Ridemonkey contacted me this summer when he came over and he had a blast. It's cool to see a spot with all the locals. Come on over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.