Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

boxxer or 888.....help

2K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  FullMonty 
#1 ·
hey guys what fork would u run on a 08 lucky 7????? new boxxer race or a marz. 888.................by the way my 66 snaped in half and zoki wont cover it:madmax: :madman: Thanks 4 any input

#3 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
You want a 2010 Boxxer lowered to 178mm.
any chance that was a go at me?

but any way,
isont the lucky 7 a free ride bike? so wouldn't it be a better idea to keep to some thing with the same or very similar axle to crown? if you find out what it is for your old 66 then compare to to forks you would like and see which match and choose from the matching ones.

#13 ·
I'd try to retain the factory characteristics of the bike by getting a 66 again and trying your luck. That fork shouldn't have snapped in that type of impact so it may have been a very freak incident. I'm pretty certain that a 66 is going to be a bit more beefy than a boxxer, boxxer's are more of a racing fork and have light weight in mind. If your bike has a 1.5 headtube you should consider a totem, I've got one and they're pure burliness and plushness.

#16 ·
if anybody bothered to actually look up AC heights, they're 3mm different. the 888 is only 3 mm taller then the 66. Your geo wont be boned by going to a 888. I say, pull the trigger on it. I just picked up a boxxer WC off ebay, which I've yet to use, but only because it was 450 bucks. I'd have prefered it were a 888rc3 of some sort. The damper never ceases to amaze me. I'll let you know how the 66rc3 compares to the boxxer WC when it comes along if you haven't chosen by then.

#19 ·
I have an 08 Lucky 7 and switched the 66 out for a Totem. I initailly decided to go with the Totem because of weight savings and adjustability. If I were to do it again, I would put a Boxxer on there. I don't like the 888 presonally. The axle to crown of the 66, Boxxer(at 203mm travel) and Totem are close enough to call the same; it won't change your handling.
On a different note, have you broke your swingarm yet? If not, then keep an eye on it. The seatstays will break at the weld where the 'V' shape comes down from the seatstay and goes to the bearing on the chainstay. Keep an eye on it! It has not been changed for 09 either. My swingarm lasted 11 days at Whistler and 6 at Mt Washington. I'm 180lbs and ride smooth. I think it is a poor design.

#26 ·
myarmisonfire said:
I have an 08 Lucky 7 and switched the 66 out for a Totem. I initailly decided to go with the Totem because of weight savings and adjustability. If I were to do it again, I would put a Boxxer on there. I don't like the 888 presonally. The axle to crown of the 66, Boxxer(at 203mm travel) and Totem are close enough to call the same; it won't change your handling.
On a different note, have you broke your swingarm yet? If not, then keep an eye on it. The seatstays will break at the weld where the 'V' shape comes down from the seatstay and goes to the bearing on the chainstay. Keep an eye on it! It has not been changed for 09 either. My swingarm lasted 11 days at Whistler and 6 at Mt Washington. I'm 180lbs and ride smooth. I think it is a poor design.
did khs warranty ur swingarm?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.