Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

where to go in April?

457 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  his dudeness 
#1 ·
i have a left over airline ticket from last years whistler trip. need to use it before march.
Need to find some place warm and dry.
Full on FR with shuttle service or lift service.
Whistler was great, but id like to see bigger gaps and drops.
We're more FR then DH, but will ride a DH occasionally to mix it up.
We wanted to hit Oregon, but was told it will prob be still wet.
Ladders, Wall rides, Gaps, Skinnies to 15' drops, etc. is what we're looking for.
Chatter. thanks.

Forgot: need to stay in US.

G
#3 ·
Bootleg is a good option for when the rest of the country is snowed in. Although they got about 10" of snow up there last week.

There is a decent variety of trails up there. Everything from super gnarly DH to a jump park, few ladder drops, road gap, dual slalom course etc. Just as everyone told me, I'll tell you, bring your armor. Falling up there is not a pleasant thing anywhere on that angry mountain.

Check out some of the options in AZ too, nothing real organized like a bike park or anything, but we have a pretty large scene for DH and FR here too. Plenty of trails, just a little more leg work to find them.:D

#4 ·
Oregon may still be wet but the dirt there is pretty darn good year round. I was up there at the end of October and had a day at black rock during a downpour and I never had a problem finding good traction. You'll be wet and muddy, but you will be very stoked at what there is up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.