Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ski goggles?

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Jim311 
#1 ·
I ski and downhill bike...I have a nice pair of ski goggles and i'm wondering if they work for mountain biking? does mtb have special goggles?

#3 ·
When I went down DHing in winter park this summer, I wore my Oakley snowboard goggles. I didn't get any strange looks and the goggles worked pretty well. My only complaint was that they got dirty after a few runs making it hard to see so it would have been nice to have some tear-offs. I would just use your ski goggles if you dont mind cleaning them off every once in a while. If you don't want to clean them that much, get some mx goggles with tear-offs.

#4 ·
They're good when its cold out, most newer goggles will fit with a helmet well. I don't like using them in the summer because they don't seem to ventilate particularly well but they are really nice when the temps dip below around 45 degrees. Above that I'd stick to moto goggles.

#5 ·
Clutchman83 said:
They're good when its cold out, most newer goggles will fit with a helmet well. I don't like using them in the summer because they don't seem to ventilate particularly well but they are really nice when the temps dip below around 45 degrees. Above that I'd stick to moto goggles.
but warm temps you just sweat everwhere

#6 ·
I can't ride without snow goggles when I'm DHing!

Any moto goggle I've tried just fogs up in a second; I guess I run hot. But whether it's bone dry and 90+ degrees, or rainy and cold out, the moto goggles (Oakley O-Frames and others) fog up with their cheap, crappy, non-ventilated lenses.

Then I got some Oakley Crowbar Snow goggles for snowboarding and used them biking and loved them! The vented spherical lens is better quality, and I have a nice one that I only use in the snow, and a little more scuffed-up persimmon one I use biking, but that's only because I happened to have 2 lenses. You can use the same lens for both but it will get worn out more quickly in the dirt if you're not careful. Just clean them lots.

#10 ·
I have a pair of Dragon DXS snowboard goggles. I was doing some shuttle runs in NC this November and my friends were having problems with fogging on their moto lenses but I wasn't. The only problem with snowboard goggles is that they're not rated for any sort of impact resistance like moto goggles. I really love my Dragon's tho.. super well ventilated and NEVER fog even when I sweat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.