Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Progressive

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 36.9%

Are you running a Ti spring? Which one?

6K views 71 replies 38 participants last post by  lmx 
#1 ·
I ran an old Progressive 325# spring on my 7point... but I'm considering throwing a new Ti spring on whatever bike I will have for 2009.

What's your experiences with different companies' Ti springs? :confused:

#4 ·
RCS - best fit and good quality, no problems there, well unless you run a vivid rear

Obtanium - made to fit every shock but to me thats a negative. unless your using a vivid you have to use spacers, also the same coil will fit 2.5 - 3.0 sizes. 3.0 takes another spacer though. so the only way it would be the perfect fit is if you had a 2.75 stroke vivid.

progressive - light, simple, but i don't think they make them anymore. i run a 425 on my intense SS which is awesome cause not many companies make shocks in increments of 25#

Diverse - newer company but cheapest. worth checking out.

Manitou and marzocchi - good quality as well. hard to find but they are out there.

i currently run a progressive and a RCS. in my experience a titanium coil is a titanium coil. progressive and rcs seem to be lighter when i have weighed mine though. I have ridden all but the marzocchi and obtanium.

#6 ·
RCS 450lb on my CCDB.

I am thinking about trying a 400lb Diverse for the Spring season.

I am just about to lose my Clyde status. My I'm right at 200 and my 450 is now run with 0 preload - just enough to stop rattle, so I will need to drop to a lighter rate.

michael

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.