Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

boxxer 2010 question

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  no-one 
#1 ·
just 2 questions i would like to know the answer to.....
1) is it going to be possible to get the new 2010 boxxer team's lowered to 178mm?
and if so...
2) any chance will any one know the axle to crowns of the team fork lowered to 178?

thanks

#2 ·
1. Probably, I don't think I know of a fork that can't be lowered, well, except rigid forks...whatever.
2. REALLY? Lets think about this. You have a '10 Boxxer. It has an a2c of 550mm (just a random guess). You take that fork and LOWER it 25mm. Are you really asking to do 550 - 25?

#8 ·
bxxer rider said:
no the latest Manuel they have up with the axle to crown on there is 2006 so i don't know.
I asked Manuel what his axle to crown height was, then I asked him to write an essay. I asked him later if he wrote the essay, but he said his ese never wrote him back. I was dumbfounded.

#9 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
I asked Manuel what his axle to crown height was, then I asked him to write an essay. I asked him later if he wrote the essay, but he said his ese never wrote him back. I was dumbfounded.
That's funny...he just told me yesterday that he emailed it out to you...check your spam/junk folder.

#16 ·
Raptordude said:
Says the man that loves McDonald's Apple Pies.

Orange Sauce at La Vics...BOMB. Their burritos are lacking, but the sauce...is addicting.
FACK dude... why don't you ever come and hang out on Thursday night with me and my bro and some buddies? We're at University Chicken (aka SmokesEaters... but it'll always be CLUCK-U) every Thursday night at 10pm. Two of the guys that show up are my riding buddies.

P.S. Nothing beats a 2am run to La Vic for two Super Quesadillas and orange sauce. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
bxxer rider said:
just 2 questions i would like to know the answer to.....
1) is it going to be possible to get the new 2010 boxxer team's lowered to 178mm?
and if so...
2) any chance will any one know the axle to crowns of the team fork lowered to 178?

thanks
OK, first flame, why not take that say $700+ dollars and buy a used Orange frame since apparently thats the only bike you'll ride

#19 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
FACK dude... why don't you ever come and hang out on Thursday night with me and my bro and some buddies? We're at University Chicken (aka SmokesEaters... but it'll always be CLUCK-U) every Thursday night at 10pm. Two of the guys that show up are my riding buddies.

P.S. Nothing beats a 2am run to La Vic for two Super Quesadillas and orange sauce. :thumbsup:
I'll keep that in mind...you buying?

#21 ·
Prettym1k3 said:

can't you tell he doesn't like you:D

#22 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
Bah. I'm married dude. The money I spend is not my own. Haha...

I'll buy you a coke if you come out this week. We'll be there on Friday night instead of Thursday (seeing as it's Christmas and all). :thumbsup:
Hah, I'm up north at my parents place...once I'm back down in San Jose I'll try and meet up with you guys...I'll be the dude trying to jack yo ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.