Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bike Meets Face!!!!!

2K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  bad andy 
#1 ·
Photobucketer="0" alt="Photobucket">[/URL] EVEN WITH A FULL FACE HELMET AND GOGLES, SH*T STILL HAPPENS! 26 STITCHES LATER IM READY TO GO AGAIN

See less See more
#6 ·
went over the bars and in the process of tumbling the bike hit me in the face. didnt toutch my visor or mouth portion of the helmet. so it must have been the bars, pedal, crank arm. . . . . something small. pushed the lens to my face and split me dow to my skull. freak accident. cool conversation piece though

#22 ·
FloridaFish said:
+1 for GO GET STITCHES!!

that's a serious slice, lucky you didn't lose your eye or bust your orbit.
He got really lucky.....a plastic surgeon who wasn't busy actually sewed the cut....he re-cut it....then stitched up the inside and then the outside....he will probably end up with no scar or something very small

#23 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
He got really lucky.....a plastic surgeon who wasn't busy actually sewed the cut....he re-cut it....then stitched up the inside and then the outside....he will probably end up with no scar or something very small
that's always the way to go, my brother's friends dad is a plastic surgeon, before health insurance he was the go to guy for stitches. Cleaning up the edges really, really helps for a clean scar, ER docs are usually so over worked that they just wanna close it up and get you out.

btw, the glue stuff is hard to get (the good stuff) and isn't meant for cuts that deep.

#24 ·
FloridaFish said:
that's always the way to go, my brother's friends dad is a plastic surgeon, before health insurance he was the go to guy for stitches. Cleaning up the edges really, really helps for a clean scar, ER docs are usually so over worked that they just wanna close it up and get you out.

btw, the glue stuff is hard to get (the good stuff) and isn't meant for cuts that deep.
That made me laugh. Dude it's glue, not marijuana. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.