Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pro/Engineer Commercial

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  b4 stealth 
#1 ·
I think it's a great commercial :D :D :thumbsup:

HD Version:

Regular version:

#4 ·
Hahaaaaaa that's awesome. We use ProE Wildfire 2.0 at my work. It's hardly "easy" to use, but it's incredibly powerful - to the point where bikes are just chump change.

Funny that most of the bike industry still just uses SolidWorks simply because it's cheaper though...

#5 ·
DHidiot said:
Hahaaaaaa that's awesome. We use ProE Wildfire 2.0 at my work. It's hardly "easy" to use, but it's incredibly powerful - to the point where bikes are just chump change.

Funny that most of the bike industry still just uses SolidWorks simply because it's cheaper though...
pretty much. ProE is amazingly powerful, but it also takes an amazingly well trained person to operate it at it's potential (more so than solidworks). I taught myself how to use solidworks. the same can't be said for proE. just don;t get me started on CATIA :eek:

#7 ·
Bryguy17 said:
pretty much. ProE is amazingly powerful, but it also takes an amazingly well trained person to operate it at it's potential (more so than solidworks). I taught myself how to use solidworks. the same can't be said for proE. just don;t get me started on CATIA :eek:
I was trained on ProE and picked up solidworks on my own when I changed jobs. I by far prefer solidworks for most things.

#8 ·
Flystagg said:
I wondeer if the v10 was actually designed in pro engineer, or if that was just a sketch for the comercial, still the XO derailleur looked like a pain in the ass to draw
somebody at wildfire probably just gave it to some intern to model for the commercial. the XO would probably be a pain, but if you paid attention to the commercial, it looks like theres a website where people can share previously modeled products for use in integration testing etc.

#10 ·
I'm pretty sure it was designed on a napkin at some bar around 1:45 AM.

Yeah no way I would have been able to pick up on ProE on my own. Fortunately where I work I'm receiving excellent training with it. I knew SW going into the job and I now prefer ProE by far for all things except animations.

#14 ·
Bryguy17 said:
excellent video, but I still personally think that PRO/engineer is a pain in the ass...I'm a fan of solidworks ;)
I prefer SolidWorks as well. If you have the add-ins package for Cosmos, you can do alot. As a second addition, if the Cosmos apps don't generate a mesh analysis that is adequate for the intended applications, you can always bring in ANSYS!

#15 ·
Siemens recently brought out a cad package called Synchronous which has a multi cad compiler where if you have Synchronous, you can mix and match and open any other program, and minipulate/edit right on the model screen for assemblies and the such without accessing the individual parts or features. It is quite impressive.

Here is a link to the demo video. It is about 18 mins. long, but well worth the view if you are a cad operator or are interested in that sort of thing. I think this program is the next step in the evolution of cad, not to mention that Siemens has been a long time supporter of mountain biking. Just ask Cedric when he was with C-dale.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/campaigns/breakthrough/

#16 ·
I'm not the biggest fan of ProE. for bike stuff solidworks is more than powerful enough. I"ve started to like CATIA though, we just finished modeling a FSAE car and a 1/4 scale tractor for tractor pulls!

Catia animations are fun, and the manequins are cool too :)

(first basic concept tractor, no body etc. it was designed to show the idea in size relation to a person.)

Kyle,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.