Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Code vs. Code 5??

797 views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  NorKal 
#1 ·
I need new brakes....what is the difference between the two. Besides price.

Thanks

#7 ·
I have never run the Codes, but I have two sets of the Code 5's. If the Codes are anything like the 5's, (I'm sure their better), then the Codes are gonna be the jam. I honestly love the Code 5's, so much so that I bought another set for my DH bike instead of upgrading to the Codes.

P.s- I have never tried the Saints, more less even seen a set.

#8 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
not the 09 Saints....pretty much dead even

Saints more dependable too....

do your research before blank statements
If I was referring to your statement about saints I would have quoted your post. I did not, I was directly answering the posters question. I have no personal experience on saints so I never would comment on them. I have had a couple pairs of codes and know they are super strong and very reliable. I have never had an issue with them.

#13 ·
Jettj45 said:
If I was referring to your statement about saints I would have quoted your post. I did not, I was directly answering the posters question. I have no personal experience on saints so I never would comment on them. I have had a couple pairs of codes and know they are super strong and very reliable. I have never had an issue with them.
sorry mang....

#17 ·
honostly

right, the difference between codes and code 5s is the lever, code 5s have the juicy 5 lever, which is less adjustable, but makes no difference to the power of the brake.

If you seriously want one of the two, and can afford it, get codes, the extra adjustment on the lever is well worth the money in my oppinion.

But, if your just looking for a seriously powerful brake, get some Formula The Ones. They have the most power of any brake ive ridden, theyre super smooth, adjustable, look awesome and weight less than some XC brakes ive ridden. Theyre incredibly reliable, ive never had a problem with them, and i know of several downhill racers who have run them for entire seasons with only new pads as maintanence.

#19 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Better modulation, ease to set up, smoothness of the lever pull......I will say it again and again......09 Saints

the brakes everybody else will measure up against
How the eff do you know that a 2009 Saint brake will be more reliable than say... the Codes that have been around a couple years now? Best case scenario, you've had what.. 6 months on a set of 09s?

:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.