Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can someone tell me about downhill?

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  swaussie 
#1 ·
I know it probably has gone over before but I searched and dint find anything. I want to know a little bit about the main objective and what you do and perhaps a video showing me what it is. Is it just down hill trail riding or something else?

Thanks

#4 ·
Downhill is most always related to racing. So getting down the hill in the fastest time. The tracks can vary but are often natural with alot of rocky, rooty, bumpy and very rought sections. There are also jumps, berms, drops etc. But its about getting over them fast, and low.

(the video doesnt do the insane speed these guys ride at any justice)

#6 ·
giantsaam said:
You kind of go down a hill like this
That is the sickest downhill run I have ever seen! :eek: :eekster:

Downhill is most definately a life style just like freeride is a lifestyle. While they are similar, freestyle is not necesarily doing it the fastest, but going the biggest or just getting that adrenaline rush that we all seek to attain.

#11 ·
SteveUK said:
"Good ol Sheldon (RIP) makes a good point..."

Which was what? That he had not a clue? By his - and I use the term loosely - reasoning, I bicycle up a hill and come down...how? Osmosis? Some sh*t he knew, some sh*t he didn't; just like everyone else...
Re-read my post for the point. And cool down with the hatin' dude, light one up or somethin' :rockon:

#16 ·
drain bamage said:
I know it probably has gone over before but I searched and dint find anything. I want to know a little bit about the main objective and what you do and perhaps a video showing me what it is. Is it just down hill trail riding or something else?

Thanks
It was a fad in the mid-to-late-90's. No need to look into it further. Downhilling is a dead sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.