Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Awesome Bike

952 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  NorKal 
#1 ·
#14 ·
I've heard that those brakes are amazing, but unfortunately, I can't find a website that carries parts for them anymore.

Either way, that bike looks well built. The owner only lives 10 minutes from me, so I'm curious and want to go look at it... take pictures... and not buy it. :D

#15 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
I've heard that those brakes are amazing, but unfortunately, I can't find a website that carries parts for them anymore.

Either way, that bike looks well built. The owner only lives 10 minutes from me, so I'm curious and want to go look at it... take pictures... and not buy it. :D
The brakes are essentially the same as the old 4 piston XT's, if that helps with the part finding. Only difference was the grimeca system uses dot and shimano was mineral oil, so maybe seals might get eaten by the dot, but who knows.

#19 ·
horse of iron said:
I have seen this bike on the local CL for almost as long as I've been riding, (1 year)...same price, the guy swears he's sitting on a gold mine.
Yeah, I wish the guy would get a clue that nobody in their right mind is going to pay a grand for a ten year old clapped out DH bike that you can't get parts for anymore. I'm getting tired of seeing it in CL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.