Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What would be your build for Air DH? (A-Line/Live Wire)

3K views 52 replies 30 participants last post by  Rb 
#1 ·
If you were going to build a purpose machine for racing A-Line and/or Live Wire, how would you build up your rig? More air, less technical, plenty of speed and berms.

Thanks,

MB

#4 ·
William42 said:
SXT, reignx, 7point, BR, canfield cancan, remedy, theres tons of options out there. look in the 6-7 inch travel range. Most companies have an option for those trails.
+1 for a Remedy to race and hit high speed jumps. Light and stable. When I was in Whistler I was so wishing to have my Remedy for A-Line/ Giant slalom course. Alas, I could one have one and the Remedy would have been beaten to $hit down the Goats Gully.

#7 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
My 7point with a Totem and DHX Coil was absolutely perfect for that trail.

Or a Demo 7, Bottlerocket, etc.
You're not just saying that bacause you're trying to unload that 7 point now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#8 ·
My BR was perfect on a-line and all the jumpline trails. Although I wish that I had had a shorter travel fork on it. I had a 66rc3, now I have a 36float and it's way better. I actually would like to hit A-line on my double, but I could only bring one bike and I intended on riding the entire mountain.

#10 ·
his dudeness said:
You're not just saying that bacause you're trying to unload that 7 point now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Let's get some Fuh-ji-tuhs on Wednesday.

Do you two want to meet at our place at like 6:30?

#14 ·
Demo 7 is pretty good, but pretty beefcake too. I'm really digging the looks of the Foes rs7, it might be more of a light travel dh rig, but the Geo on it is perfect for a whippy little bike. I believe that you can build these thigns up pretty light too.

#15 · (Edited)
i don't know how many of you have ever raced that (A-line) trail, but by the time the race comes around that trail is DESTROYED. the rock/gravel in the corners is ridiculous, along with the braking bumps from all the earlier riders.

My ideal rig for that race is a full DH bike with clips. just get your scrub on, and pump the landings. there are some neat lines on that trail that allow you to shave seconds as well. that race is more about technique than the bike. (notice the pro field is filled with both types of bikes and they are placed evenly throughout)

This year Lopes won on a 4" travel bike, Minnaar was slightly behind on a V10.

Kyle,

#19 ·
A lot of different things can hit Livewire, but if I were to take a bike and truly tear that trail up it would either be a Demo 7 or a Reign X. The Demo 7 seems to me like a more logical choice cause that bike can tear up any trail at Northstar. The Reign X is a very capable bike too, I'd love to spin one of those down Livewire.

#26 ·
Damn, that video is so cool! I can't believe how big they're going on those jumps... As for the bike, I really dig my Canfield Balance. Would go for a CanCan or CanDiggle now though since they quit making the Balance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.