Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My Sultan Made Me Bigger

665 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Tidybeard 
#1 ·
Bigger wheels. A full season of riding. Started out at 175lbs (that's 12.5 Stone for the Haggis eaters). At my annual physical yesterday I weighed in at 183lbs. WTF? Do 29ers make you fat? Now my Dr. wants me to take a heart stress test. WTFF?

#3 ·
cutthroat said:
Bigger wheels. A full season of riding. Started out at 175lbs (that's 12.5 Stone for the Haggis eaters). At my annual physical yesterday I weighed in at 183lbs. WTF? Do 29ers make you fat? Now my Dr. wants me to take a heart stress test. WTFF?
Don't sweat it. Feel good in the knowledge that if you were on one side of a see-saw (teeter-totter?) and I got on the other you would get more air than CC has in a lifetime.

#11 ·
What color is your Sultan, Cutthroat?

Silver Flux (original 2005 color): Not efficient. I kept losing weight.
Red (replacement front triangle) Flux: Hella efficient. Gained a shitload of pounds.
Green Sultan: Between silver and red, losing weight slowly.

This is important. The racers need to know what color is fastest!

#12 ·
I bet cutthroat is spending more time pining away for his long-gone Burner, box of doughnuts at the ready, than out riding his Sultan. His "full season of riding"? 1/2 on his Sultan, half in his daydreaming of rides on his Burner. If he rode a medium I'd let him take my Reborn Burner out for a spin, just to remind him of the joy he's lost.

#13 · (Edited)
Plim said:
What color is your Sultan, Cutthroat?

Silver Flux (original 2005 color): Not efficient. I kept losing weight.
Red (replacement front triangle) Flux: Hella efficient. Gained a shitload of pounds.
Green Sultan: Between silver and red, losing weight slowly.

This is important. The racers need to know what color is fastest!
Understandable, tho some (I won't name names, Tidy) need to know which colors are stealthiest and suitable for sneaking up on small animals from behind.

I hear white is a good option.

#14 ·
TLL said:
Understandable, tho some (I won't name names, Tidy) need to know which colors are stealthiest and suitable for sneaking up on small animals from behind.

I hear white is a good option.
You hurt me with your words (because it's true).

Well, I hear that blue isn't the best colour for a meanie. I will run you over with my yellow submarine. So ner ner:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.