Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nathan Rennie and Santa Cruz are no longer an item!

3K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  primo661 
#1 ·
#5 ·
change is always good, besides I wouldnt want to see a race field full of V10s, there are a ton of other bikes that are raceworthy out there! I tell you what, those new trek bikes are looking sweeet, and I am not even a big trek fan either. there will probably be a good roster of pros riding treks this season, maybe even the new DW link Turner will have some good pros on it.

#6 ·
Nathan Rennie is a ten foot tall beast man who showers in Vodka and feeds his baby shrimp scampi.

I hear he uses a rattlesnake as a condom.

One day Nathan and I were out driving to go to a bar, after we couldn't find any good place he pulls into a vacant lot and says "were here." Sure enough a year and a half later a bar was built around us. After a shot he burned the place down saying "always leave a place the way you found it."

Seriously though, I hope that big guy kicks a$$ on whatever team he gets onto. He's one of the best riders to watch since he just manhandles everything he touches.

#11 ·
He needs to go somewhere he can be the MAN and get his head straight. Lay off the booze and ride...ride...ride! Get fit Rennie, this is gonna be the tightest season ever cant wait!! Blankensop, Hill, Minaar, Peaty, Fairclough, Leov is on form, Gwin from nowhere, Steve Smith on new ride, Rennie with his$hit straight and oh yeah Gee....gonna be sick!
Start filming those movies now!!! I wanna see whats going on in the off season? New bikes, sponsors, teams, riders... Cant wait til' Sea Otter!

#15 ·
zaner31 said:
Blankensop, Hill, Minaar, Peaty, Fairclough, Leov is on form, Gwin from nowhere, Steve Smith on new ride, Rennie with his$hit straight and oh yeah Gee....gonna be sick!
Not discrediting a great rider, but Steve Smith's name definitely does NOT belong in the same sentence as all those other guys -- especially after destroying both knees last season.

I'm probably stepping on a lot of the Morewood fanboys' toes here, but I seriously doubt that company can afford to pay Nathan Rennie.

The Yeti rumor was already discredited over on ridemonkey.

My prediction: Giant.

#20 ·
Rb said:
Not discrediting a great rider, but Steve Smith's name definitely does NOT belong in the same sentence as all those other guys -- especially after destroying both knees last season.

I'm probably stepping on a lot of the Morewood fanboys' toes here, but I seriously doubt that company can afford to pay Nathan Rennie.

The Yeti rumor was already discredited over on ridemonkey.

My prediction: Giant.
Hey the kid rips!! 18 years old!?! He belongs in there with Gwin and Rennie, none of them bested Hill this year. At least he came out and owned the US open and even put 2 secs. on Hill by the split. Hell, Gee and Peat at least admitted that even though Hill crashed @ WC it was perhaps one of the best rides they'd ever seen period. They know they all were given a gift. Stevie just took that SHIZZ!! No gifts neccessary!

Either way...it was just my list of who I cant wait to see ride next year. Its gonna be an awsome and diverse season for a lot of diff. reasons. Rennie on a different team being one of them. Not an all time best list or anything??

I heard: GT!! Salary cap provide by #55!!

#21 ·
zaner31 said:
Hey the kid rips!! 18 years old!?! He belongs in there with Gwin and Rennie, none of them bested Hill this year. At least he came out and owned the US open and even put 2 secs. on Hill by the split. Hell, Gee and Peat at least admitted that even though Hill crashed @ WC it was perhaps one of the best rides they'd ever seen period. They know they all were given a gift. Stevie just took that SHIZZ!! No gifts neccessary!

Either way...it was just my list of who I cant wait to see ride next year. Its gonna be an awsome and diverse season for a lot of diff. reasons. Rennie on a different team being one of them. Not an all time best list or anything??

Actually, Rennie beat hill twice (once at fort williams, and once in canberra.)

And I agree steve smith is an awesome rider, but he had a pretty lackluster year as far as naming him among the top 10 riders. He's only 18, so I'm hoping he keeps pushing his career forward and doesn't blow himself over before it really kicks off.

Anyway, be nice to see him on a different bike, he's been shredding on a v10 for so long that its just expected that he'll be midpack top 10 and its not sensational at all. But with a change of scene and some new attention on him, should be good!

Hopefully we see him on a canfield :D

#22 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
ride both and you will know the difference....a big difference.....I didn't like the morewood at all, but then again I am not the greatest fan of single pivots....V-10's are smoother ovev bumbs
Isn't that whatthe VPP linkage is though? A single pivot with an extra linkage to smooth it out.. Sort of half between a true single pivot and a true 4 bar linkage...

Dunno, that's why I haven't been a fan of Intense ever since they down graded from the Horst to the VPP....

But if you're gonna go single...Yeti and Foes....top notch, the make it work without a crummy VPP gimmick!!

Any of those Syndicate riders can shred any bike....top notch riders...imgaine what Rennie can do on a 4 bar, might even beat Peatty for once! hahahah

#23 ·
zaner31 said:

Smith is not the same calibre because he doesnt have the same experience, he will one day though, definately.

I could see rennie on a glory. My guess is giant.

#24 ·
Dang it!! Forgot about canberra!!... after all the talk about that track. Was just trying to ignore Ft. Bill results flat out!

So who do you guys see as the frontrunner for next years series title. I know the season is just over, but who?? Id have to say Hill is gonna be charging for World Champ for sure after what happened this year, but series champ seems anyone's.

Should I ad Palmer to my little list for racers to watch 2009 season?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.