Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

should i go bigger?

518 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jdr6031 
#1 ·
i am currently running 26x2.1 panaracer tires. was thinking of going a bit bigger, but i dont know if this is even possible? would a bigger tire fit the same rim? from riding motocross all my life, i know you can get different sizes in width with a dirtbike. but is this the same concept sinse the rim sizes are considerably different.

what are pros and cons of going bigger, besides weight(that ones pretty obvious)?

i have noticed that some people ride a bigger tire on front than rear, what are the reasons for the difference?

what tires do you guys suggest?

thanks guys!

#2 ·
You're probably fine going with a bigger tire as long as your frame/fork will accommodate. What width rim (inside measure) do you have?

In the rigid days I put a bigger tire up front for both a bit more cush as well as traction, sometimes just because the fork accommodated a bigger tire than the frame would. Mostly a bigger tire will give you a bit more traction, though.

What kind of terrain and conditions do you use your tires in? What's your style of riding? Hard to make a recommendation knowing nothing...

#4 ·
the current winter conditions are usually a bit on the soft side, and a good amount of leaf cover. could probably really use the extra tread

i have seen just a few other tire patterns, so not much experience. but from what i have seen i have liked the kenda tires.

any other suggestions?

are the panaracer tires a good tire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.