Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stolen Turner 5 Spot

904 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  trailadvent 
#1 ·
Sadly enough, there has been an abduction here in Ketchum Idaho. My boyfriend, Marc, is grieving the loss of his Turner 5 Spot. It was taken off of our patio Saturday, December 6th. It was last seen resting aside our gear rack at 10:30 pm. We were even home when it was taken! This bike, is not just a ride but a best friend to my BFF.
So, if anyone hears of one being sold, please look at it closely and ask where it came from. This bicycle has shared a lot of stories, heard a lot of secrets and has taken on a pretty tall challenge over it's 5 years - and the quiver misses it, badly!!

Last seen wearing; Mud and Snow.
Turner 5 Spot Full XTR
Fox Fork
Grey
Size Large
208-720-9205 ask for Marc.
Thanks!!!!!

#4 ·
this sux and i know how it feels. now get us a good pic and a full spec. its the little things that help identify a bike as most thieves are too fockin stupid to know what they have or what to change so it doesnt stand out.

now my dad voice.... YOU LEFT IT ON THE PATIO???!!!!!

#5 ·
This sucks. Real sorry to hear about it.
Be sure to file a police report.
Post the serial numbers. Check ebay and craigslist.
If you have the ins with some local teens get them to shop around. Half the time this sort of thing is done by a neighborhood kid.

#6 ·
Man, that is horrible, hope you find it. When I first moved into my townhouse at school this fall, I brought my flux with me, and the ra said to me you are going to have to keep that outside by the stairs. My response was I think not would you keep a 4,000 bike outside? So it lives under my bed at times, and the common area in the townhouse. Good luck.
Dave

#8 ·
Bikezilla said:
This sucks. Real sorry to hear about it.
Be sure to file a police report.
Post the serial numbers. Check ebay and craigslist.
If you have the ins with some local teens get them to shop around. Half the time this sort of thing is done by a neighborhood kid.
I second that, sounds like a crime of opportunity, and they prb. don't know what to do with it now--

#9 ·
Sorry to hear of your bad news.

I have had a couple of bikes stolen over the years. One from my front porch. That was a "shame on me" moment. One that was locked to a lamp post that had the lock cut off. That was "I will kill you if I find you" moment. Either way, it sucked and I never recovered the bikes.

You may want to consider posting the theft on the Idaho Forum. It looks like there has been a rash of bike thefts in Boise recently. Due to the fact that Ketchum/Sun Valley is a relatively small community, I expect the bike would be taken to another area for sale. Perhaps Boise.

Did you have home owner's or renter's insurance?

Good luck.

#13 ·
ricthedick said:
Shocking. An unlocked bike stolen from your place of residence. I'd call Dave and see if this sort of thing would be covered under their warranty.
Trying to live up to your name to the best of your ability aren't you:confused: .

You know I don't just feel bad about the guy that just had his bike stolen, but I feel sorry for you that you need to kick someone while they are down and make them feel even worse and try to belittle them. Such a sad sad person you are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.