Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Turner Demo - Laguna Beach - Dec 14

724 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  drtdiva 
#1 ·
Turner Demo at Laguna Beach Cyclery, 10:00 - 4:00 on Dec 14. DT will be there to answer your questions and show off the new DW-link bikes. You can ride out of the shop, and some shuttles will be provided. Bring your own pedals. See http://www.lagunabeachcyclery.com/ for directions.

#5 ·
Thanks Turners

I skipped my normal group ride and got a short lap with the Spot and and a 4 times longer ride on the Sultan. As allways cool to talk with the Turners.
My shortened lap on the Spot was due to my over excitment at the chance to check out the DW brother of my HL Spot. We checked all the shock and tire pressures, altered the h bar and seat attitudes to fit me and then I thought I'd just set the seat hight at the trail; big mistake. The seatpost was too short for me to extend my legs by about an inch, so while I could tell that it climbs well, I couldn't do a real ride. I'll have to get out to Turner for a real ride.
The Sultan is a big improvement over the TNT version IMHO, but part of that could be that they make one in umpalumpa size now. I noticed very few of the big +- of 29rs you hear so much of, with the exception of them being a little harder to pedal up really steep climbs. It handled a couple dozen switchbacks no problem, stalled out at about the same place I do with my 26" bikes. I didn't notice much difference in traction, DH ability; and the notion that having a 29r is like riding a 26r with an inch more travel.... no way. Great bike but I want more travel and the lower gearing of the smaller wheel. Thanks again for the test rides.

#6 ·
-2 with a wind chill of -28. tomorrow will be aprox -6 with a wind chill in the -30's.... i shyt you not. you all still suck! cool that ya got to play on some new stuff. im gonna go stick my peaniz in the meat grinder so i can possibly feel at least 1 of my extremities again.

#7 ·
cactuscorn said:
-2 with a wind chill of -28. tomorrow will be aprox -6 with a wind chill in the -30's.... i shyt you not. you all still suck! cool that ya got to play on some new stuff. im gonna go stick my peaniz in the meat grinder so i can possibly feel at least 1 of my extremities again.
Holy crap that is cold - We finally got our cold snap here in Vancouver - was -1C today and we actually have 1" of snow on the ground! :rolleyes:

If you do the meat grinder thing make sure you video it and post on youtube......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.