Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Damage control: no DHR in '09 ?

837 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  trailadvent 
#1 ·
So I'm reading (elsewhere) tha the new dw-DHR will not be available until 2010.
I'm posting this up here with the hope that DT might chime in with some information.

I know there must be a hundred things involved in a production run of a bike frame, AND I know Turner wouldn't release a frame that wasn't 101% dialed in, but considering that the 2008s have been blown out and there will likely be a lot of disappointed racers and rider next year ... what happened?

#2 ·
Nick. said:
So I'm reading (elsewhere) tha the new dw-DHR will not be available until 2010.
I'm posting this up here with the hope that DT might chime in with some information.

I know there must be a hundred things involved in a production run of a bike frame, AND I know Turner wouldn't release a frame that wasn't 101% dialed in, but considering that the 2008s have been blown out and there will likely be a lot of disappointed racers and rider next year ... what happened?
Turner is working hard to get the new DHRs in the pipeline.
I know they don't want to disappoint all of us who would like to be racing the new bike next year, but the bike has to be perfect before it can go into production.
I am hopeful we will see the first production frames in the spring.
After spending a little time on the new Spot, I am expecting the new DHR to be phenomenal.

#4 ·
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=473346

turnerbikes said:
I have repeatedly noted that the RFX and DHR are going to be very late at the trade shows and here, but it seems that not everyone was reading mtbr, weak. So to keep the hand wringing to a minimum I had the web site changed.

The RFX is being re-engineered to match the specs that are on the site, but it will NOT match the PhotoWorks version of SolidWorks that was from the longer travel heavier version from last summer. Hey Dusty, we will be putting real photos of the 3 models in production up very soon, but for the next DHR and RFX they will continue to use SolidWorks based art until there are actual metal parts that are production.

As many know the DHR has already been tested, is being 'tweaked' , re heat treated,and will be tested again starting next week.

I am not sure which will be first at this time as the delays in DHR and the focus on what will certainly be the RFX will cause some shuffling of the non identical twins as they move through the birthing process.

DT

#5 ·
Considering that the 09 models were so far off I am not sure why Turner started the blowout pricing on the 08's but I for one am very grateful that they did. I took my first ride on my 08 DHR this past weekend and LOVE IT! I am sure the new bike will be even better but at least I have a great bike to ride and race in the meantime.

#7 · (Edited)
Well for what its worth omo!

I don't see it as a big issue myself except for racers who want the latest thing, and then, are they better off?

Again I wonder, sounds like a song :D

Reason's
By the time they dial in get used to everything, new suspension, new bike new design, dada yeah I know they used to this, but its totally new from Turner so all that came from before all the evolution, while not useless, is sorta of new ground, though, I'm sure DT will give them some secret info from proto testing!

My point is second season in you're dialed yore confident and on the hill that is 90% of the battle if you're competing! so 09 might just be a good year for DHR owners hanging onto there DHRs! just some fine tuning to new suspension or some upgrades.

Maybe some new rubber, play with some spring rates, some ti, fancy re-valving or compression tunes, or a timing system to play on ya fav 1:04 trail improve ya tech which will make ya lap times faster than a new bike anyway!

Plus gives more time to save those pennies, just look after those 08s will ya so there's some value for second hand in 2010 :D I'm sure the DW vers will be hawt and worth the wait!

The 08 is still a top rig in my book, I know I wouldn't be disappointed:thumbsup:

Ahh couple of days to think about this there's only one down side and this is not to stir the pot just some thoughts for those who I missed above, after a couple of days to reflect, mind is slow to process these days, probably a good thing I can't ride DH at mo!

For those on earlier model DHR's pre 07s for example maybe tough, they may have planned an upgrade for 09, its tough, just the way it is better to end up with best Turner possible.

An option might be to look around for a second hand 07/08 for a season or so till the dwl is ready or something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.