Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Christmas Sunset, xcguy style

924 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  GreenLightGo 
#1 · (Edited)
Happy Holidays!

#7 · (Edited)
I took the original pic with a Canon SD550 (7 mp on a 1.8 sensor). Right time, right light, right camera it seems because I tried the same thing last night with another, more "modern" camera (which shall remain nameless because it's a great camera otherwise) and I just couldn't do the same thing with its capture of a similar sunset.

I was pretty surprised and pleased how that turned out. Here's another "tweaking" of the same original pic. I think I like both equally, for different reasons.

#8 ·
Had to bring this back up again for a lil' Christmas cheer. Things tend to get a crazy on this forum the closer we get to Christmas and the farther our 401Ks drop. And it's Friday.

#10 ·
xcguy said:
I took the original pic with a Canon SD550 (7 mp on a 1.8 sensor). Right time, right light, right camera it seems because I tried the same thing last night with another, more "modern" camera (which shall remain nameless because it's a great camera otherwise) and I just couldn't do the same thing with its capture of a similar sunset.

I was pretty surprised and pleased how that turned out. Here's another "tweaking" of the same original pic. I think I like both equally, for different reasons.
Was the top pic pastelized on camera or in PS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.