Votes: 2 3.3%

Fox 40 or Boxxer Poll

850 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Dynamatt 
#1 ·
Best DH race fork?
If you think another post it on here

#6 ·
AznRider said:
Depending on the old 'noodly' boxxer or the new 35mm.
Which ever, the old noodly was a great fork but no par for the 40 when comes to adjustments.I sense the new 35mm will have LOTS of issues.Talking with the first guys to test it beside the blackbox riders last summer and they were saying their forks had a quite a few things to fix.Now within a few months from early proto RockShox is already in production??? No thank you I'll pass...Im not buying that.It just doesnt add up in my head.Even they've found a way to magically resolve every problems ( which is very unlikely) they still need to have their production schedule lock in months before actually going into it.If it only comes out in 2010 yeah maybe but I hear its going to be more like next spring kind of thing.

Im sure the fork will perform super good ( great tunability) but the reliability with Rockshox products the least few years have been so so IMO...

Get me a 40 please...oh wait a 40 RC4 for 2010 maybe ???

#8 ·
#12 ·
tuumbaq said:
Which ever, the old noodly was a great fork but no par for the 40 when comes to adjustments.I sense the new 35mm will have LOTS of issues.Talking with the first guys to test it beside the blackbox riders last summer and they were saying their forks had a quite a few things to fix.Now within a few months from early proto RockShox is already in production??? No thank you I'll pass...Im not buying that.It just doesnt add up in my head.Even they've found a way to magically resolve every problems ( which is very unlikely) they still need to have their production schedule lock in months before actually going into it.If it only comes out in 2010 yeah maybe but I hear its going to be more like next spring kind of thing.

Im sure the fork will perform super good ( great tunability) but the reliability with Rockshox products the least few years have been so so IMO...

Get me a 40 please...oh wait a 40 RC4 for 2010 maybe ???
WOW, im impressed, I envy your cautious buying, please pass on the word

#13 ·
This is an age old battle royal. The 40 is a nice fork, but not near as plush as the boxxer, the boxxer is a tad flexy but its a strong, trustworthy fork.. You've been seeing boxxer wc's in the world cups for years and just recently saw the athertons on 40's.. Where is fox at with a 40 talas??? Rock Shox gets the W in that catagory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.