Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What size Turner DHR for me?

960 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cactuscorn 
#1 ·
Im 175cm tall and am wondering what size turner would suite,

Have also heard of people modifying them to lower bb etc? how is this done?

#2 ·
Medium should fit fine I would have thought!

Lowering the bottom bracket was something people did on early models 06, not something Ive heard many do on 07s and 08s! [Turner improved these models anyway and GEO was adjusted for 07/08 models from by racer feedback by DT]

Check the data base there's the some info on how this is done for 06s and earlier models pretty simple and effective! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
yep. a med would be my suggestion too.

when/if ya drill for a 13.9" b/bkt height, just make damn sure ya drill straight or itll be a battle to bolt in the link. also, pick the proper drill bit or you will have slop. slop is bad. mmm-kay? you may also need to shave the front down to clear the swing link/rear shock mount. this means the front munting holes are no longer useable due to the loss of material as you risk cracking the triangle. another thing i noticed is this will locate the h/ware on a surface with a few angles which would put a bind on said h/ware. i used a dremel tool to carefully flatten the area so everything sat flat and would torque up properly. maybe this is all covered in the instructions ta mentions above and i shoulda just kept my trap shut.

heres some pics of my drilled team spare. this thing is uber trick!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.