Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Corsair bikes????

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Mr Bling 
#1 ·
It's been almost 2 years that we have heard about these bikes, so were are they?????lots of hype, but what about actually making a bike!!

#3 ·
they´re coming...

My LBS in Oslo, Norway is getting the full linup now, so I guess they´re coming... Rumors has it they had to scrap their first batches cause they didn´t meet Corsairs quality standards, but I don´t know if this is true. I checked out a full build-up of Crown yesterday, and IMO this is probably the most incredible bike I have ever seen... Love at first sight :D

http://www.raskesykler.no/CORSAIR SC.html

#5 ·
jeth said:
My LBS in Oslo, Norway is getting the full linup now, so I guess they´re coming... Rumors has it they had to scrap their first batches cause they didn´t meet Corsairs quality standards, but I don´t know if this is true. I checked out a full build-up of Crown yesterday, and IMO this is probably the most incredible bike I have ever seen... Love at first sight :D

yeah the crown got me as well at first sight. but its one of those bikes you know you will see once, not ride and regret not having ago, unlike you who has a hole bike shop, DAMN YOU!!!!!:madman:

#7 ·
I rode downhill with a guy running one of their prototype downhill rigs and the '09 888's last summer. The frame was raw and the quality was insane! I was shuttling the guys up to to top and we got to discussing bikes I've owned and not liked, one of them being be M3, he was VERY interested in every detail about why I didn't like the bikes I didn't like.

Based on my experience with the prototype tester and seeing the quality, I can only imagine how awesome their rigs will be when produced.

Be patient.

-Kevin

#12 ·
jeth said:

the bike is really terrific!!!!...but that green...makes me wanna vomit

#13 · (Edited)
AznRider said:
I am wondering what will make their single pivot design stand out from the rest ie. high single pivots like bullit etc etc. If you noticed the Maelstrom pivot point is middle up behind the seatpost. What are the implications on that?
You're right, the Maelstrom is a single pivot, it's tough to match that high rear pivot location for smoothing out square-edge hits that push your wheel back.

Chain growth and pedal feedback (problems with many high single pivot and even many multiple linkage designs) are neutralized by the idler pulley... problem solved. You WILL feel some braking forces acting on the swingarm, although this seems to be diminished somewhat by the lower BB connection. Bottom line, give one a spin. Every system has its advantages and its drawbacks, but this is a pretty unique feeling bike and you may love the way it plows through the rough stuff.

DirtDigler is right, there are about a dozen "final prototype" Crowns, Maelstroms and Marques roaming around, the production run should be available this winter. The König and Ducat are available now in a few locations. Chuky has one and a few others here in SLC are riding them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsairbikes/sets/72157610130743010/

JMH

#16 ·
I've been working out a Maelstrom build with Go-Ride for the last month or two. Just about to place my order. Also, I emailed the President of Corsair (can't recall his name) about 2 weeks ago and he said that Maelstrom frames were very close to ready and would be available first week of Jan '09.

So, I could conceivably be riding my new Maelstrom by mid-late January. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: In the snow. :madmax: :madmax:

--Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.