Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Performance Bike, good deal?

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  aballz 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I know most of the time we ask for questions about what bike is good. I'm looking at performancebike.com and they have a 20% off all orders including bikes as long as you purchase over $75. I'm wondering if you guys think it's a good deal. I'm thinking about purchasing the GT Avalanche 1.0. Any comments are welcome!

#3 ·
Hi guys, I know most of the time we ask for questions about what bike is good. I'm looking at performancebike.com and they have a 20% off all orders including bikes as long as you purchase over $75. I'm wondering if you guys think it's a good deal. I'm thinking about purchasing the GT Avalanche 1.0. Any comments are welcome!

*I accidentally posted this in the all mountain forum by accident, hope they don't get mad!

#4 ·
The avalanche 1.0 is a good bike. I wouldn't really recomend it for AM riding, but since you meant to post this in the beginers section, I would say it is a great bike to start out with. Way above what most beginners would start out with. Good choice.

#9 ·
Kdlindl said:
Be careful they raise there prices right before 20% off. They a week ago Gt Avalanche 2.0 for $475 it went up to $549 and now 20%. Almost the same price. I have 2.0 and love it.
That is quite an increase but I've been eyeing the 1.0 for awhile. They actually raised the price to 649 a couple weeks ago but it dropped back down to 599. So I figure now is the time to move in and buy! And by the way happy thanksgiving to all!

#10 ·
Kdlindl said:
Be careful they raise there prices right before 20% off. They a week ago Gt Avalanche 2.0 for $475 it went up to $549 and now 20%. Almost the same price. I have 2.0 and love it.
Reason for the price increase was due to a sale ending. Performance didn't have any actual sales going on the entire month of November, just daily sales. 10% off certain items, here and there, 15% off bikes one day only, so on a so forth.

It probably still had an old sale tag still in the packet. At the Performance shop I work at, I keep finding sale tags from the summer sales. But right now, all 08 bikes are on sale, plus you can get 20% off the SALE price Friday, Sat, and Sunday from 8 am till 12 noon.

Skip on the IH bikes at Performance. Once all the IH bikes are sold, there will be no warranty on the bikes through Performance due to IH pulling their lineup, and going to big box stores (Dicks Sporting Goods, etc.)

#12 ·
Well I ordered online, i guess i'll check out performance tomorrow morning as well. Since there's a shipping fee from site to store on bikes, i'll buy from store if i see the same/better deal. Their website was really misleading in that bikes are excluded from site to store because it's considered to be an extra large item. Do you guys know if performance will offer any free tune ups or anything?

#23 ·
yeah, I've been trying to decide that for the last week also. talked to 2 other bike shops and they all say clipless wins hands down.
looks like you can get a decent entry shoe for under $40 - but I just have to get used to the idea of putting on a special shoe for each little ride, and not just hopping on and rolling. one shop said the sandles are good even in the winter if you wear thick socks too.
the 520s that come with the bike retail for about $55 - so one thought was to pull them off new with the stickers still on and just sell them. Or, keep them until summer and just run regular pedals until I find a shoe I want, or decide I'm really ready for clipless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.