Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Does Astrix Ever answer there phone?

925 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  everett 
#1 ·
Forget this.. but damn I'm trying to get some info for the frames but they seem to be a little lazy.... I e-mailed them, I phoned them (more than once). Left a msg, (no call back). Figures how they care about potential buyers... Great bike there Customer service sucks and is next to nill...Too bad, I was gonna buy one. Better Yet trying to find a LBS that deals in Astrix. uhgg.. I give up. Well it sucks but what can ya do, I'm not going to waste any more time. So I'm taking my money else where. So its either a Giant Team DH, I.H DH, or a Foes mono. Personal Oppinion on what is the best DH bike that is Agile and is easy to move on when on a DH run.

#3 ·
Max_winner1 said:
Forget this.. but damn I'm trying to get some info for the frames but they seem to be a little lazy.... I e-mailed them, I phoned them (more than once). Left a msg, (no call back). Figures how they care about potential buyers... Great bike there Customer service sucks and is next to nill...Too bad, I was gonna buy one. Better Yet trying to find a LBS that deals in Astrix. uhgg.. I give up. Well it sucks but what can ya do, I'm not going to waste any more time. So I'm taking my money else where. So its either a Giant Team DH, I.H DH, or a Foes mono. Personal Oppinion on what is the best DH bike that is Agile and is easy to move on when on a DH run.
What about a Sinister R9. One of my LBS owners around here owns/rides one and absolutely loves it. He loves short and "whippy" bikes and he says that this is it! He's ridden in the past year an RM7, Turner DHR, and any number of other bikes since I've known him and he said this is the best. I'm sure others will agree. It has a very low centre of gravity and is pretty much a race only bike.

Here's a link to the website: http://www.sinisterbikes.com/r9.htm (and NO I don't own/ride one)

---Matt---

#7 ·
Max_winner1 said:
sorry to heard about this. give us a call at drop zone cycling here in san antonio tx, 210-403-2609, and my experience with astrix always been good, and their custumer service has been flawless as today, so tell me what you need and I will get it for you,just send an astrix union to australia,
I believe rian from astrix is in taiwan getting the 05 bikes ready and was in europe before heading to taiwan

#8 ·
Max_winner,

They are a tiny company, and Ryan normally responds to questions within 24 hours (I'm considering a Huckster and have emailed him a few times). He is always friendly, and I would say goes above and beyond the amount of info required into a response. If they are at a trade-show, their service may be slow, but you have to know that this is an unusual situation. There are only a few companies out there who's founder will personally answer all of your questions, and Astrix is one of them, and Ryan will almost always answer quickly.

I think you should give them a little slack here, this is an unusual circumstance. As for not being able to find a shop that deals with them...they are a small company, what do you expect? It's not like I'm seeing Cortina's at every LBS in town (ooohhh....burn! j/k).

#9 ·
Max_winner1 said:
... Great bike
Hello, I just returned from being in Germany for 2 weeks. I'm sorry to hear we may have missed and not returned your message you left of wanting to buy a bike. You can always speak with me, Alex or Diana. If you have sent any email in the last 2 weeks I am just being able to get to emails because working with distributors, dealers and customers while in Germany at Eurobike along with getting ready for Interbike has kept me disconnected during this crazy month of trade shows.

The response we have is great and everyone is very excite about our product. We are excited working with our dealers such as Drop Zone, Cactus Bikes ( www.cactusbikes.com ), Rhythm Cycles www.rhythmcycles.com ), Bike Attack (www.bikeattack.com ) or Shuntavi Bikes ( www.shuntavibikes.com ) They too can answer all your questions.

I look forward to hearing your questions and we are guessing that if you are from Canada we spoke with your sister and left a message beause you left for work already. As far as Alex and Diana can place that is the only person we have not heard from in a while that has called.

Regards,

Ryan Carroll
Interbike booth #4665

#10 ·
Astrix said:
Hello, I just returned from being in Germany for 2 weeks. I'm sorry to hear we may have missed and not returned your message you left of wanting to buy a bike. You can always speak with me, Alex or Diana. If you have sent any email in the last 2 weeks I am just being able to get to emails because working with distributors, dealers and customers while in Germany at Eurobike along with getting ready for Interbike has kept me disconnected during this crazy month of trade shows.

The response we have is great and everyone is very excite about our product. We are excited working with our dealers such as Drop Zone, Cactus Bikes ( www.cactusbikes.com ), Rhythm Cycles www.rhythmcycles.com ), Bike Attack (www.bikeattack.com ) or Shuntavi Bikes ( www.shuntavibikes.com ) They too can answer all your questions.

I look forward to hearing your questions and we are guessing that if you are from Canada we spoke with your sister and left a message beause you left for work already. As far as Alex and Diana can place that is the only person we have not heard from in a while that has called.

Regards,

Ryan Carroll
Interbike booth #4665
Ahh ok... I was wondering if it was ok or I was gonna be put a side. Buisness as usual, ok so that's cool. I will give you guys a call when I get the time. Thanks Ryan I guess I was wrong about Astrix. Shows me how things are done over there right.

#11 ·
its always the same every year around new production years and annual bike conventions, a few people freakout cus they cant get instant contact with companies too busy trying to get things running.

Of course, maybe a message like "gone to interbike" would help...

#12 ·
Gotta go with Astrix dude.

I bought a Stryke from Drop Zone here in San Antonio. and one week later raced in Snowmass, Co. at the Mtx. it was sweet..

and my brother (Fartboy) bought a Huckster and raced it for his first dh race in Snowmass and did awesome..

they are awesome bikes..

HOpe to meet up with the guys from Astrix one of these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.