Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sultan Parts

5K views 74 replies 31 participants last post by  yogiprophet 
#1 ·
I've picked up some of the parts for my new Sultan build. I pretty much have everything but the frame now.

I'm impressed with the way the Salsa Gordos look. They'll be used for my new stout wheelset. I plan on keeping the Laserdisc / Arches for my light wheels and I'll likely be selling my current heavy wheels (Hope Pro II and WTB DDFR's).

Fork will be the Reba Team through axle with 120 mm travel.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
cactuscorn said:
thats the 1st ta reba weve seen in hand. congrats! a very good buddy of mine works for qbp and raves about the gordo's. says theyre a bit weighty but worth it for the wide footprint. how long till the frame shows up bob?
Soon, hopefully. I'm doing a custom powdercoat color, so I'm not really sure, though.

#7 ·
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
I've picked up some of the parts for my new Sultan build. I pretty much have everything but the frame now.

I'm impressed with the way the Salsa Gordos look. They'll be used for my new stout wheelset. I plan on keeping the Laserdisc / Arches for my light wheels and I'll likely be selling my current heavy wheels (Hope Pro II and WTB DDFR's).

Fork will be the Reba Team through axle with 120 mm travel.
Sounds good, please post up pix of the wheels when built.

Give me a PM if/when you are ready to sell those wheels; I'm in the process of pulling together parts for another Sultan or (possibly) El Rey build.

#12 ·
Here's some pictures of the dials on the top of the right fork leg. No remote, which is the way I wanted it.

Attachments

#16 ·
yogiprophet said:
Bob, did you happen to weigh the fork?

I think you made a great choice....the frame too.
Weight with the Maxle and uncut steerer is 1846 grams.

#17 ·
Got home from a meeting to find this in my inbox:

"Hi Robert

You have a Candy Red Sultan on order with us. The frame is ready to ship...

Jarett"

I'm more than stoked! Guess I'd better finally build up those wheels.

#18 ·
Well, I was out when the FedEx guy came by so the frame's at my neighbors. They're gone now and I work early so I guess I'll see it tomorrow. No time to build it until Wednesday anyway...:sad:

#21 ·
First Frame Shots

Color is just like I wanted.

Attachments

#26 ·
Yea looks nice .
It was last year, about same time late december that I placed the order for my sultan, waited 4 months for the frame to be built and painted. Got it built up and then the price dropped, should have waited.

Same deal with my 06 RFX, bought it new. Price lowered on a new frame 3 weeks later. Should have waited.

I guess I pull the trigger too fast :thumbsup:

Burn me twice, but the next Turner is when its on fleabay. Why pay list price and wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.