Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new bike

554 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rkj__ 
#1 ·
hey guys,
Im just starting mountain biking at my local state parks and i found that my Outlook Diamond back was too heavy. I just want to know what would be a good bike to buy that would not empty my bank account. Thanks for the help

#3 ·
if you are looking at skate parks and jumping i would suggest a dirt jump bike, depending on your budget i would suggest various bikes

specialized p series, giant stp, cannondale chase, gary fisher mullet, mongoose ritual, eastern night train, blk mrket .357, kona shred

it all depends on your budget, i would go to an LBS and see if they have any jumpers in stock and ride them all, and see which one you liked best

#4 ·
spazzy said:
if you are looking at skate parks and jumping i would suggest a dirt jump bike,
I believe he said STATE parks...

And, to anubis238. Don't be foolish. If you want decent answers, you have to provide more information. How tall/heavy are you? what is the terrain like at your state parks? How heavy is your current bike? How much do you want to spend? How much suspension do you want? Hardtail or full suspension? How often do you ride? How much do you want to spend? A Specialized S-Works Epic won't empty the bank account if you have $15 000 in it....

Search the forums for other threads where people have asked the same question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.