Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A beer run, a bike trail nearby and a bike

679 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  smaxor 
#1 · (Edited)
I really enjoy the leaf riding stoke that cruzthepug and 'Zilla have posted up. I haven't seen a leaf yet. Plenty of dry trail though.

My ride started down there near the little white buildings in pic one. Up, up, up onto the top of North Table Mountain. I hadn't been up here since early summer. A Saturday ride wherein I saw just a few runners, just a few bikers...all other trails nearby were packed, I bet.

Another clear day. Here's a few of those "vistas" that Bikezilla comments on. I'd trade these for a leafy ride that a lot of you are enjoying right now, but I'll take what I can get. Still warm and dry in late November. The deer were to my right, checking ME out as I almost rode past them.I looked to my left so as not to be too obvious and took this pic backwards over my shoulder. When I looked back they hadn't moved. I guess they don't get bothered by people up there and have grown kind of tame.

#5 · (Edited)
whodaphuck said:
You either blew the deer pic WAY up or you have some very curious weather patterns there.....
We have radioactive deer. Look but don't touch. I just noticed that in that pic of the two bike riders, over to the right, is a section of White Ranch. Great trail but lightyears away from where I was in terms of recreationalistas.

About that beer run...stocking up for Thanksgiving brews:

#7 ·
ignazjr said:
Looks good man. Might have to take a detour up on top of NTM next time I'm down that way with a bike. Looks like it'd make for a good winter escape. Too bad you can't night ride there.
I think I can see your house from up there, Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.