Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Crown Race Too Large For Fork

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JSumner13 
#1 ·
Hi all
I recently went to a bike shop to get my crown race seated on my fork, turned out that the crown race went on too easily and it was loose on the seat. The mechanic told me that the race was too large and that I would probably need a new headset. What I don't understand is that both my headset and fork are specified as 1 1/8" so they should be compatible, or are there variations in sizes for the 1 1/8" class? My headset is an FSA ZS-3 integrated and my fork is a Rockshox Pike 426. Is there anything I can do to make these parts compatible or do I need to buy a different headset? Thanks

#3 ·
Yup, he tried another one, he told me that one would be tight if he hammered it down, but he wasn't sure if it would be compatible with my headset. My frame came with the cups already pressed into the head tube so I think I'll need to take that in along with my fork and the rest of the headset to figure out something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.